Here's some things I recently discovered:
- Pressing the lock button to make the car think you've gone away so that you can then use the app to precondition while you're charging means that your charging session will end. It's also annoying as the car then demands you place the keycard on the pad before it will allow you to start it.
- Getting out of the car, walking away enough for the car to not see the keycard, telling the app to precondition the car, then getting in the car as soon as the signal is sent is the easiest and best way to precondition while charging.
- Some wireless charging pad things (ZE50 R135 GT Line inductive charging pad not compatible...)
- The ZE50 seems to stop HV Battery heating (or maybe doesn't even do it?) as soon as the charge session ends.. which when you start a charge on 99% seems a bit premature (bug?), unlike the ZE40 which would continue until all the cells are on average ~14oC on a 22kW (and consume around 1kW on a 7kW charger until the cells are an average of 8oC). The car actually seems more dead to the world when plugged into a charger and the charge session has finished.
- In icy weather the ZE40 flap can freeze closed and need a bit of encouraging to release but on the ZE50 it seemed more reliable.
- In icy weather don't forget to tell the folding mirrors not to auto fold!
- A tyre that has lost pressure will warn which specific tyre is the issue (new to ZE50).. however when driving not only can you get the tyre pressures to appear for each tyre.. but after a bit of driving the tyres can appear the same pressure but the warning still doesn't clear.
- Pressing VOL UP + VOL DOWN stalk simultaneously will pause music when supported (iPhone, Android Auto) but only mute when not (Android Bluetooth no Auto).. I'd have to check this again to make sure I have this the right way around.