Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Irish government announced last night that you are allowed only to travel 2 KMs from home and only are essential retail outlets to be open, so now i dont have to worry about Kona Range (not that i did anyway)
we will all be locked up at home for the next two weeks and the Garda (police) have been given new powers to stop and question you about your destination.
There way a queue (with a 2 metre separation) all of the way around the local shopping centre today, they have implemented shopping priority for older people between 9-11am

So stay safe where ever you are

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Tough luck for any elderly self isolating relatives more than 2km away relying on food drops from family ? Who thinks up these arbitrary restrictions like 2km ? :rolleyes:

(we are doing occasional food drops by car to an elderly parent 8 miles from home)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Tough luck for any elderly self isolating relatives more than 2km away relying on food drops from family ? Who thinks up these arbitrary restrictions like 2km ? :rolleyes:

(we are doing occasional food drops by car to an elderly parent 8 miles from home)
I'm sure I'm missing something, but surely many people in Ireland will live more than 2km from their nearest shop?

Edit: the 2km is only the range for exercising. Makes sense now.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For exercise you are allowed up to 2kms you are allowed out for shopping and essentials certain industries are allowed to stay open other than that stay indoors stopping the spread is a good thing

·
Registered
741 Posts
GF normally drives for Uber in London. In view of lack of customers, she has dropped her insurance down to normal comprehensive cover. Police stopped her today, (trying to find something to charge her with.)

Officer said: 'You can't have those Uber signs in your windows if you aren't covered for Ubering. I'll help you remove them.'
GF said: 'Are you going to pay for a new private hire inspection then, when this is over?'
'No, I'm not paying for your inspection.'
'Then leave my signs alone.'

Officer then kept her waiting at the side of the road for 45 mins while he pretended to check the car was not stolen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For 1 month, I've charged my PHEV only once. It's unbelievable for me because usually, I'm driving a lot. But there's another problem. You can't imagine how much money I've spent during this pandemic. My wife was ordering tons of sanitizer from arcreef.com and bought millions of masks)))) I'm joking of course, but we've spent a lot of cash for protective tools of covid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts