Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well try as I might I just couldn't run out of range in a dirty 2012 Gen 1 Leaf.
No problem whatsoever from Banbury to near Falmouth and back both routes A30 and A38
Last year when we got the Leaf it would have felt like going to the moon.
Now it is easy peasy so have fun planning it and doing it.
Everything you need to know is here on SpeakEV.
Just hit Cornwall in search and then enjoy it as much as we did.
Thanks to all you contributers:).

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Great to meet up with you on Saturday at Exeter for a Chat and Charge :)

Glad it all went well.

Anyone else down this way and fancy an EV natter over a coffee while we charge let me know :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Great to meet up with you on Saturday at Exeter for a Chat and Charge :)

Glad it all went well.

Anyone else down this way and fancy an EV natter over a coffee while we charge let me know :)
Yes great to meet up. Four pilots in 2 Leafs WTF. If I had had a coffee we would never have got to destination, would still be in Exeter:p.

Come to think of it having a competent co-pilot definately helps with all those pesky button presses on the Leaf Sat Naff whilst P1 (captain) focuses on the range to avoid running out of fuel (on Leafspy).

Best spaceship we ever flew though, not sure it has any competition yet once you have control and the hang of it:D.

Flying is too stupidly expensive these days. Need a Leaf to help save up to keep the licenses current.

·
Super Moderator
7,542 Posts
Yes great to meet up. Four pilots in 2 Leafs WTF. If I had had a coffee we would never have got to destination, would still be in Exeter:p.

Come to think of it having a competent co-pilot definately helps with all those pesky button presses on the Leaf Sat Naff whilst P1 (captain) focuses on the range to avoid running out of fuel (on Leafspy).

Best spaceship we ever flew though, not sure it has any competition yet once you have control and the hang of it:D.

Flying is too stupidly expensive these days. Need a Leaf to help save up to keep the licenses current.
Sounds like you need an electric plane ;)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)
Sounds like you need an electric plane ;)
Yes they are already here at a premium which makes electric cars look soooo cheap. I have a hangar with wind turbine on an 80ft mast and soon some solar panels on the roof so if anyone can afford to buy one I can give it a nice home in Oxfordshire :).

·
Super Moderator
7,542 Posts
:)
Yes they are already here at a premium which makes electric cars look soooo cheap. I have a hangar with wind turbine on an 80ft mast and soon some solar panels on the roof so if anyone can afford to buy one I can give it a nice home in Oxfordshire :).
I'm sure Elon is working on it in his spare time......!

Reactions: GBEV

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
His grandad flew from S.Africa to India pioneering the route so you might well be right.
It will be interesting to see which car internals first end up driving a propeller.
10000rpm requires a fair bit of a reduction drive though to keep prop tips below supersonic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts