Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My name is Grace, I am from Greece and currently doing a masters in Economics in Imperial College.I am really interested in the concept of renewable energy, sustainability and hence electric vehicles.My team and I have designed a questionnaire for our project on combatting range anxiety and we were hoping we could get some help from you given you fully represent the target customer of Electric vehicle manufacturers.If you could take 2 minutes to answer our questionnaire by clicking on this link it would be great. https://imperial.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6fDsOWyI6USM47j
Thank you all very much!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
As a working statistician, the survey questions are really poor and badly written. Would never pass a first year undergrad module assignment.

·
Leaf lover
4,411 Posts
As a working statistician, the survey questions are really poor and badly written. Would never pass a first year undergrad module assignment.
Where were you when the industry needed to know (loaded question)
“How much less would you expect to pay for the inconvenience of driving a limited range vehicle?”

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
I'm afraid you need to rework some of the questions before this can give useful results. There were a number of questions where I would not be able to give an appropriate answers.

For example I live in the countryside so don't tend to drive in cities or outskirts (I assume you mean suburbs) much. I might be interested in an e-Up or an e-Golf, but VW is not listed. Also I may be considering multiple brands. I actually spend less than an hour a day driving, and could (but don't) earn over £200k.

Most importantly, the question about technical conditions shows no understanding of EV technology. Every EV on sale currently has a built-in charger, but this is not the same thing as a back-up battery. I'm not even sure what a back-up battery would be! Current EV batteries are huge and heavy - expecting to find a portable battery that the driver can swap is unrealistic. The final option, solar panels, would be great, but to charge an EV from solar panels with current technology would mean covering the entire car in panels - and waiting a week or more.

There are so many questions that should have been asked. Do you have your own off-street parking area? How many miles do you drive each day? What battery range would you consider you need in an EV for your driving patterns?

Perhaps the biggest item is - what information are you trying to extract. Are you trying to find out how to make EVs sell better, how to show that EVs work for most people? That EVs don't work for most people? Perhaps it is trying to test the market to see what type of EV buyers want so a manufacturer can design to that market.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Where were you when the industry needed to know (loaded question)
“How much less would you expect to pay for the inconvenience of driving a limited range vehicle?”
I stopped being a govt stat bod over 15 years ago. Getting anything done quickly was so painful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts