Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested to hear what range Zoe owners are getting at the moment?

I'm not sure whether it's the weather or what, but my usual mix of motorway, A roads and rural lanes is routinely giving me between 4.8 and 5.2 mpkWh at the moment which is 100-110 miles on a charge.

OK, so I usually only cruise at 60mph on dual carriageways, but I think this is pretty good performance for a car with a 22kWh battery and no engine!

And yes, I know it won't be long before it turns colder. But right now I'm enjoying what is probably Zoe's biggest asset.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I have 11k miles under my belt so far, last weekend I did 352 miles, I got 128 miles in one run driving at 60mph.
The most i'v had is 146 miles driving at 56/57 mph
That's incredible, I thought @Trevor Larkum had the record at 142 - well done. Anything left at that ?
For some reason my predicted range is gradually going up though I don't drive particularly carefully - currently says 94.6 on full charge. I have twice gone down to empty and still managed a few more miles to get to charger but not pushed it yet to see how far it really goes..........

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
These numbers look great - the icing on the Zoe cake! What were your bests and worsts last winter?

·
Super Moderator
7,505 Posts
I have 11k miles under my belt so far, last weekend I did 352 miles, I got 128 miles in one run driving at 60mph.
The most i'v had is 146 miles driving at 56/57 mph
Amazing, that's only ~150wh/mile!

·
Registered
489 Posts
150wh/mile is close to what I'm getting at an ave 140wh/mile. However I rarely go over 50mph.

Approx 7kw battery and range of 50 - 54 miles in the Peak district, so not flat. That will drop to 38 miles range at below 5c.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm a real man. :)

I have driven it through 2 winters so far. That includes sweeping snow out of it before setting off. I've laughed at cars stuck on hills in the snow and kindly driven past them waving. Of course I'm going to drive it below 5c, just not as far as above 15c between recharges.

It is still warmer than the Motorbike I used to use in the winter (and more stable)

·
Super Moderator
7,505 Posts
I'm a real man. :)

I have driven it through 2 winters so far. That includes sweeping snow out of it before setting off. I've laughed at cars stuck on hills in the snow and kindly driven past them waving. Of course I'm going to drive it below 5c, just not as far as above 15c between recharges.

It is still warmer than the Motorbike I used to use in the winter (and more stable)

That's just...... I can't......

Nope.

You're crazy :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Perhaps we could arrange the track day when it snows then you would see crazy! o_O

Twizy is very good in the snow. But range suffers in those temps as there is no body to keep the battery warm.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
That's incredible, I thought @Trevor Larkum had the record at 142 - well done. Anything left at that ?
For some reason my predicted range is gradually going up though I don't drive particularly carefully - currently says 94.6 on full charge. I have twice gone down to empty and still managed a few more miles to get to charger but not pushed it yet to see how far it really goes..........
It's was flashing say 4miles left

·
Registered
266 Posts
Interested to hear what range Zoe owners are getting at the moment?

I'm not sure whether it's the weather or what, but my usual mix of motorway, A roads and rural lanes is routinely giving me between 4.8 and 5.2 mpkWh at the moment which is 100-110 miles on a charge.

OK, so I usually only cruise at 60mph on dual carriageways, but I think this is pretty good performance for a car with a 22kWh battery and no engine!

And yes, I know it won't be long before it turns colder. But right now I'm enjoying what is probably Zoe's biggest asset.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Oops - 4.8 - 5.2!! According to my trip info I typically get 3.6 - 3.7. On a full charge my battery estimates around 80 to 85 miles, once it said 98 after a particularly uphill and down dale journey which it seems to like. I've already joined in a thread about my poorly Zoe, now I'm thinking I've been sold a lemon :-(

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oops - 4.8 - 5.2!! According to my trip info I typically get 3.6 - 3.7. On a full charge my battery estimates around 80 to 85 miles, once it said 98 after a particularly uphill and down dale journey which it seems to like. I've already joined in a thread about my poorly Zoe, now I'm thinking I've been sold a lemon :-(
I very much doubt that you've got a lemon. It's probably more about driving style (very light fight foot), speed and road types.

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Similar to me but mine has gone up lately since I have been keeping it in ECO. if you perform a reset (fully charged battery, door open, both pedals down, reset trip on r-link) the range will shoot up to 128 odd, fun to see but will soon go back as it adjusts to your driving.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Similar to me but mine has gone up lately since I have been keeping it in ECO. if you perform a reset (fully charged battery, door open, both pedals down, reset trip on r-link) the range will shoot up to 128 odd, fun to see but will soon go back as it adjusts to your driving.
I'm really missing Zoe, will treat myself to a reset when I get her back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts