Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Leaf 40kwh Tekna
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just a quick question for anyone out their. We have a 2013 Leaf Acenta I have noticed that we are only getting IRO 65 - 70 miles at the moment with heat normally on most of the time. Does this sound right?

I noticed this morning that even though I pre heated the car it still said the heater was claiming 9 miles of range?

Does this agree with other peoples experience?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sounds about 'ball park' to me also. I have a 50 mile commute, charge to 80% with preheat. Heater on all the way @22C auto, lights on, wind rain etc get home with <10 miles and have arrived home with the attached before now

Speedometer Gauge Auto part Light Car

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yes, seems right to me too. ~66miles round trip, leave home with ~98% having pre-heated for a few minutes, tend to be arriving home with ---%

Are you looking at the Energy Screen while running in Eco mode? If so, then it claims that the heater will use lots of miles. If you run in normal D mode, then it tends to claim it uses only about 2-4 miles.
I'm finding I'm driving almost exclusively in normal D mode now, Eco really doesn't seem to add much in real-world conditions. I'll switch to Eco if I'm feeling especially nervous, but only because it makes me drive more slowly, which probably has a greater effect than the Eco mode itself.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have a 15 mile e/w commute and manage two returns on about 70% in warmer weather.
At the moment I'm on more like 85% for the same distance. No pre heat. Don't run the car particularly hot: 18C max.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm still managing my 82 mile round trip on a single charge. Leave home on 100% pre heated, tend to set climate to 16 or 17 deg and the fan to 1 bar. Battery % usually blanks out a few miles from home in this current cold period but I'm used to it now and fairly confident of reaching the driveway.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Finally someone who sets the heater cooler than I do (usually 19). All this talk of 22 and the like makes me wonder if my body's internal sensor is out!
I usually have it at 21 - but I loathe layers so set it higher rather than putting on a jumper or something. I'd drive around in shorts and t-shirt if I could :)

I set pre-heat to 18, though.

·
Registered
2018 Leaf 40kwh Tekna
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your replies. I thought it was about right and we do a lot of stop start driving which doesn't help too. Not too concerned just curious really. It is our second winter with the car and am loving the pre heat again!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
There's a very similar thread going on in the GM sub forum. You may learn some tips because the issues will be the same across all EVs

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sounds about right, did a 62 mile run last night starting with 100% and got home with 6%, heater on set at 18, 1-2 degrees outside, no headwind, a few hills and travelling at about 40 - 60 mph, probably would have got a bit more with a pre-heat but I was busy cleaning the car before I left (nice and sparkly for at least 1.5 days until the weather bomb hits ;-)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I must be born in a barn i hardly ever have the heater on at all, i never pre heat the vehicle, its a bit chilly but as i work outside i have many layers on for my day ahead, come on man up you lot
lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
I usually have it at 21 - but I loathe layers so set it higher rather than putting on a jumper or something. I'd drive around in shorts and t-shirt if I could :)

I set pre-heat to 18, though.
I thought pre heat temperature was factory set. How do you select 18

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds about 'ball park' to me also. I have a 50 mile commute, charge to 80% with preheat. Heater on all the way @22C auto, lights on, wind rain etc get home with <10 miles and have arrived home with the attached before now

View attachment 2607
I've never seen --- miles before when there is still one range bar showing. I have a mk1 so maybe they've changed when the bars disappear

1 - 20 of 28 Posts