Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Range Loss with Winter Tyres for a Leaf+ ?

6K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  DBMandrake 
Front wheel drive cars manage pretty well in snow and I have driven in snow every time we get any. Never had any problems with normal tyres. Watching other cars though, its the rear wheel drive cars that have trouble even in a few cm.

You should try a set, it makes quite a difference for most of the winter season and for the occasional times we get snow the improvement in grip is quite surprising. I'm now using cross climates as we get very little snow and they seem to be working well.
Must be the way some people drive. All you need to do is drive a lot slower and leave bigger distances between cars and begin slowing earlier. I have never had a problem with driving in snow with the tyres that came with the car and the Leaf is particularly good. BMW drivers seem to have a lot more trouble.

Yup, thats the way to do it, drive slowly and cautiously. 4 WD and particularly land rovers were excellent at going up hills in the snow, but for most people if there's a lot of snow then its best to postpone your journey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.