Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Last week I collected a new RRS P400e and have charged it each night with the domestic plug charger (dedicated external charger is on order). I have also used a charger at our local supermarket on two occasions. There have been a couple of occasions when the charging was stopped at around 80% as I did not want to leave a window open over night with the cable being plugged into the car.

The first few charges took the car to around 27 miles of electric range using both the domestic charger and the unit at the supermarket. However, the last two charging sessions have given 20 miles range at 100%.

Is it likely the battery memory has been affected by incomplete charging or are there other likely issues to affect the range available at 100% charge?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
More likely is the car is reacting to how you have driven along with the current temperature and is displaying what it thinks you might achieve. It's not known as a GOM for nothing (guess-o-meter)
My Amp will predict high 20's in mid winter to just over 50 in high summer, varies with use of heat, temperature, Rain, wet roads, winds and playing with hot hatches.

Drive it and note the actual range from full to empty, if you have a power display then the miles per kWh is a useful gauge you will soon note what the GOM really means.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Been reading up on this PHEV - its heavy and has a typical range of 15 to 24 miles under electric. That is not the quoted and unreal WLTP range but what users/ reviewers found. That looks like what the car is thinking your range is probably going to be .

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
For a car weighing 2.5 tonnes and with only 12.4 kWh I'd say that 20 miles is poor but to be expected if you don't hypermile. Audi E-Tron's are lucky to achieve 2 miles/kWh and are similarly large and heavy vehicles.

When will expectations change and people realise that such tanks can never be really green whatever the figures fiddled by the manufacturers might imply?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mike, are you sure that the heating or aircon is switched off, because that will affect the predicted range?
On our Golf GTE the predicted range when fully charged is 30 miles, but that immediately drops down to 24 as soon as the heating is turned on. Turning it to maximum drops it down as low as 13 miles! Turning it off again brings it back to 30 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Turning off aircon, heated windscreen/rear screen definitely helps with the predicted range.

My commute is around 12m each way and the car will achieve around 18m of EV miles on the commute. There is a free charge point adjacent to our office , which if free allows me to re-charge the battery. With the top up I can get the full commute using mainly the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts