Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another thread I reported having suddenly reduced range immediately after fitting new Pirellis to my car.
Cinturato ALL SEASON PLUS - Car tyre | Pirelli
I normally can expect about >110miles in good Summer conditions.
Last week I noticed my range had suddenly decreased alarmingly.
After an 100% charge overnight I only managed about 67 miles on a wet and windy day before getting the low range warning of 16% battery charge left.
I have done a leafspy battery screendump and am not sure how to interpret the results.
Can someone assist me please?
This was taken 9th October at 42% charge.

This was taken this morning 10th October at 100% charge after charging overnight at 7kw.

Do I have that one cell 19 faulty?

Cheers Tony.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,395 Posts
Nothing unusual. How much did you pump the tyres to?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put two new conti ecocontact 6 on mine last week and my range didn't change despite being an A Tyre (my old one was Avon an E)

Then realised the tyre pressures were at 28

So pumped all 4 back up to 40 and saw 12% improvement

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I went for Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance in March and they have been good. Quieter than stock EnergySavers, no drop in efficiency

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nothing unusual. How much did you pump the tyres to?

Cheers Dave--36PSI

Nothing unusual-- I'm talking about a radical overnight shift from 100 mile range plus to less than 70 miles. I'd say that was pretty unusual.....

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
11mV at full charge is good, as is 25mV at 42%. It would help to see a "fully discharged" (below VLBW) comparison next. Have you any data on consumption since that trip? I'm still not sure that you started with 100%

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
11mV at full charge is good, as is 25mV at 42%. It would help to see a "fully discharged" (below VLBW) comparison next. Have you any data on consumption since that trip? I'm still not sure that you started with 100%
Dk- I have never got to turtle mode, I'm too old and too chicken for that!.
I do have this at 18% back in April.

I'll try and sort out the consumption data for my New Forest trip.....watch this space....

Reactions: Hermit Dave

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'll try and sort out the consumption data for my New Forest trip.....watch this space....
[/QUOTE]

Sunday 4th October....trip circumnavigating the New Forest. Wet and windy 9-10deg No speed over 25 mph for most of the trip. Aircon set to 22deg for screen clearing. Wipers and dipped headlights on. My rear turn signals, fog lights and number plate lights are the only filaments, all the rest are led's. Lots of stops and starts and crawling along as the forest has suddenly burgeoned with semi-wildlife, pigs, horses, donkeys and deer everywhere. My little granddaughter is into Abba and Stevie Nicks so radio on the whole way.....!!!

1) Distance travelled........................................69.9 miles
2) Average energy economy...........................0.27 kwh/ml
3) Electricity consumption...............................19.2 Kwh
4) Travel time ..................................................3.4 hrs
5) Co2 Savings................................................19 kg

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Clearly all was well in April. I meant below 10% as likewise I have only seen the Turtle on startup.
So the consumption wasn't ridiculous, the only issue is whether 19.2kW represents 84% of your available battery capacity or you didn't start fully charged. The only way to know is to do another long trip or run the battery below 10% to identify any weak cells.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clearly all was well in April. I meant below 10% as likewise I have only seen the Turtle on startup.
So the consumption wasn't ridiculous, the only issue is whether 19.2kW represents 84% of your available battery capacity or you didn't start fully charged. The only way to know is to do another long trip or run the battery below 10% to identify any weak cells.
Dk- What is your take on cell 19?
The display read 100% when I started, but there was an anomaly with the three lights all on or maybe I was just dreaming it....don't get old and forgetful.....I will try again with another trip and see what happens.
Thanks again to both you and Dave for your help.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
My take is that at full charge it is the weakest but if it's only ever that unbalanced then you have nothing to worry about. The danger is that it, or others, have reduced capacity and discharge quicker. That wasn't evident in the April or 9th October pictures, but often is most evident at much lower charge levels. The good Dr @JohnMars posted shots of his battery before the cells were replaced which are worth searching for.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
After all my problems and my slight roving eye on a Zoe, I am beginning to look at green Mk2 leafs! Gotta love a Nissan!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
John- I cannot find those shots Dk is on about-can you point me in the right direction please?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dk - here are the results of a 50 mile trip today.
IMG_20201011_164553_2.jpg IMG_20201011_164602_5.jpg IMG_20201011_164655_3.jpg IMG_20201011_164705_7.jpg IMG_20201011_164716_4.jpg

mostly "A" roads, some forest mostly under 35mph. 70mph along the Christchurch bypass (3miles) 55mph on A35 (10miles).

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
It's hard to read the screenshot but it doesn't seem half as bad as last time. I'd still like to see a lower SoC set of readings, and confirmation of the GID% figures - is it really 41.9%? What are the SoH and Hx figures?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's hard to read the screenshot but it doesn't seem half as bad as last time. I'd still like to see a lower SoC set of readings, and confirmation of the GID% figures - is it really 41.9%? What are the SoH and Hx figures?
Dk- yes an improvement for sure. Maybe due to better weather. GID is 49.9% SOH is 85.93 HX is 65.71%

I'll run it down over the week, shopping my volunteering work, small trips though. Try and get down to 15% charge if I can.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Dk- yes an improvement for sure. Maybe due to better weather. GID is 49.9% SOH is 85.93 HX is 65.71%

I'll run it down over the week, shopping my volunteering work, small trips though. Try and get down to 15% charge if I can.
Weather has a massive impact.. twice yesterday from over 75% SoC, I only managed 61 miles before VLBW and ---

In summer I'm sure I could do that easily

1 - 20 of 31 Posts