Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm interested to find out what sort of range you are getting from your e-NV200. I have had my van for only 2 months and I am getting on average around 55 miles! That is driving it really steady, never going over 60mph with ECO and mode B OFF. I do have internal racking and a Rhino Kammbar roof bars but I don't carry that much weight in the back.

·
ENV200 Owner
290 Posts
Are you using heater or cruise control? Both of these eat into range. How many battery bars? If it’s stop-start traffic then ECO / B are worth playing around with to improve range, but I don’t think it’s far off what to expect in winter (assuming it’s 24kWh of course).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you using heater or cruise control? Both of these eat into range. How many battery bars? If it’s stop-start traffic then ECO / B are worth playing around with to improve range, but I don’t think it’s far off what to expect in winter (assuming it’s 24kWh of course).
I'm pre heating the van and only use the heating sparingly. Driving mixture of A roads and town centre. I do use b mode when approaching junction roundabouts etc. It's 3 year old and had full battery bars and 88% SOH according to leaf spy. I'm just curious as to what other owners are getting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 24kWh van is about the same, the cold is killing the range as I was up around 85 miles in summertime.
Well that's good to know. I can't wait for the summer to see what range I get then!. Don't get me wrong is fine for what I want just a bit limiting sometimes when you have to go that extra mile.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ive got a 2015 e-NV200, 54000 miles my soh is about the same as yours, I always drive in eco and B mode. We are in south wales, very hilly, and currently getting about 60 to 65 miles range, no air cone, heat set to 20 degrees, got seat heaters, heater gets knoocked off when not required.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive got a 2015 e-NV200, 54000 miles my soh is about the same as yours, I always drive in eco and B mode. We are in south wales, very hilly, and currently getting about 60 to 65 miles range, no air cone, heat set to 20 degrees, got seat heaters, heater gets knoocked off when not required.
My van has only covered just shy of 9000 miles, MY2015, so your battery sounds like it's in good shape if the SOH is the same as mine about 88%. Do you use many rapids? The only time I used ECO and B mode was when I brought the van home after I bought it. I must admit I hate it, it's like driving through mud. After some research I discovered that ECO mode can actually decrease the range or have no benefit as it's a sort of lazy way to drive and by using the throttle naturally can be better.

I've had the van now for 2 months and I'm getting around 55 miles. How low do you take the battery down too? I'm worried about going below 10% SOC but I looking at leafspy it always reads higher so I#m sure I could get a few more miles.

·
Registered
489 Posts
When i bought the van at 8000 miles the soh was 91% its now on 88% and covered 46000 miles in that time.

The van has a specific duty, originally to take my son to and from college, a 50 mile journey, twice per day, generally after each journey with 30% capacity left.

Now, its used to take my son to a day centre thats a 36 mile round trip, and in these last few weeks with heating on the van gets back with about 40% left.

I wouldnt want to take the van down to 10% every day with my commute, if that was the case in my usage, i would not have bought the van, it suits us ideally but that is well within its current range.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ours is 2015 reg with 22k miles. Shows about 75-78 miles on the GOM when fully charged at the moment. Does lots of local short runs am and pm and is charged at home late afternoon for the last 15 mile trip. Again, it is an ideal match for use as local short trips with charging opportunity during the day for 2+ hours on a 7kw. I did have it set to 80% but the wife (who uses the van) was not happy so I had succumb to 100% for a few weeks until the weather improves and then I will set it back down to 80% and she wont notice ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi Phooby,

Im not sure if you will save anything from the battery degradation tho by going to 80%.

Reason,

my brother has a 2014 leaf tekna with 14000 on the clock, he does about 3000 miles per year, rarely charges to 100%. I checked his battery the other day with leafspy and my battery had a better soh than his leaf. I did recommend to him that he charges to 100% all the time for the next few weeks to get the battery to better balance itself.
The battery is holding up very well to wear to be honest, i`m really pleased to have only dropped 3% soh in 46000 miles to be honest.

Ours is 2015 reg with 22k miles. Shows about 75-78 miles on the GOM when fully charged at the moment. Does lots of local short runs am and pm and is charged at home late afternoon for the last 15 mile trip. Again, it is an ideal match for use as local short trips with charging opportunity during the day for 2+ hours on a 7kw. I did have it set to 80% but the wife (who uses the van) was not happy so I had succumb to 100% for a few weeks until the weather improves and then I will set it back down to 80% and she wont notice ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Given that it was a balmy 8c today I took the van up on the motorway to my parents. Despite being loaded with junk and the cold I reckon I could do 53miles go from brim full to fumes. This compares with 55-60 intown miles with lots of short hops. Interestingly despite the reduced range I am getting home faster as rapid charging is quicker. It also means I drive quicker between chargers as it is much faster to recharge! I'm on my 7th of the day, screw you Rapidgate!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
During the week when I am working I will charge to 100% but set the charging timer to finish around 8:30. From doing some research I don't think it hurts to leave the battery fully charged and not used for a short time but for longer periods it can start to degrade the battery long term. It is also good to balance the battery cells as this only happens at a full SOC. However I will charge to 80% if I know I'm not going for the next day - apparently, Li-ion batteries like to be between 20% and 80% for optimum health and longevity.

As for ECO mode, well I tried using it the other day for a 30 miles journey and after comparing the miles and range I got it was exactly the same as having it turned off! It feels like the handbrake is on and when doing around 55mph I was actually using around 25 kW of power (leafspy) . I then turned it off and for the same speed, I was using 15 kW from the battery. Idk maybe it's better suited for slower speeds in the middle of towns or slow traffic.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have ladders and roof rack . Probably overloaded going to work. I would be getting about that mileage with no heating on. I drive with the window down to clear the windscreen even if it’s freezing. I probably do about 3o plus miles a day and get home with about 30 odd % battery with the colder weather. 25 of those miles are from the country and the rest at slow speeds round town etc

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi All

I have been looking at switching to an EV Van for a while now....I'm looking at around a 2016MY.. (around 50% of the new cost?) and the e-nv200 is my first choice. I have read a lot of the threads on the (excellent) forum...

Can I ask you how much range reduction do you get in the Summer with air con on vs winter with the heater on?

I'm quite rural, and drive around 60miles a day. quite a few up and down hills and quite a few stops and starts. And I have the radio on all day :)

Also another question... What is an e-nv200 like to drive in the snow? weight distribution over the driven axle plays a major part in this.. having driven many 2wd (RWD and FWD) they can be very capable in the slippy conditions... an original VW Beetle is a favorite of trial drivers! On the same vein .. has anyone fitted winter/AT tyres to an E-NV200? How much of an impact does the increase in rolling road resistance have? I run AT tyres all year due to going u rough tracks on a daily basis...

If i am hi-jacking the thread please shout and I will start a new one(y)

Thanks all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts