Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 38kW EV
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As mentioned in a previous thread I am now the proud owner of a Hyundai Ioniq EV

Went for my first rapid charge at a Polar charge point and due to the fact that the charge point is located in the rear (cf where the fuel cap would be) - compared to the front in the Nissan LEAF - it was a bit of a struggle to connect the charge cable. I found the able was quite short.

I feel that this will be a regular occurrence, especially in locations that have limited parking spaces and sometimes one is unable to park in such a way to enable the cable to connect easily.

Any ideas how to overcome this?

TIA

Kieren

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,101 Posts
Hi all,

As mentioned in a previous thread I am now the proud owner of a Hyundai Ioniq EV

Went for my first rapid charge at a Polar charge point and due to the fact that the charge point is located in the rear (cf where the fuel cap would be) - compared to the front in the Nissan LEAF - it was a bit of a struggle to connect the charge cable. I found the able was quite short.

I feel that this will be a regular occurrence, especially in locations that have limited parking spaces and sometimes one is unable to park in such a way to enable the cable to connect easily.

Any ideas how to overcome this?

TIA

Kieren
Which way around did you park - facing in or out?

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,972 Posts
Polar cables seem to be shorter than the cables used by other networks.
Yeah, there have been several occasions using Polar that, due to the charger not being directly in the front of the bay, that my Zoe had not been able to charge. I tried parking with half the car out of the bay, although I was never happy with that (felt a bit Bjorn like). I'd tried holding the plug until the handshake has been completed, but that only ended up in the charger going faulty or as in at least 3 attempts causing Zoe to BCI (battery Charging Impossible) which stops being able to charge until you clear the fault and means it's pointless going to another charger. Oh, the joys of owning a Zoe.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 38kW EV
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which way around did you park - facing in or out?
Reversed in. but ccs cable was on the left hand side of the Polar charger when facing it. Would be easier if it was on the right hand side so it is closest to charge port.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,101 Posts
Reversed in. but ccs cable was on the left hand side of the Polar charger when facing it. Would be easier if it was on the right hand side so it is closest to charge port.
You might find it easier parking in nose first as long as any N/S passengers don't want to get in or out whilst you charge. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts