Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I’ve just recently bought a 2016 Nissan Leaf and it’s had a few electrical issues so far. Sometimes the touchscreen will freeze or change radio stations/switch to the phone keypad on it’s own, or the radio/phone controls on the steering wheel don’t work.
All has been ignorable, but now the rapid charging doesn’t want to connect?? I’m not really sure why. I use my card, connect it to the car and wait for it to connect, to which it gives me an “error connecting” and tells me to turn the ca left off and engage the gear park. But all of that is already done.
I’m really not sure what to do or why it’s not working

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Try a different charger, most likely the charger is faulty. You have a 50% chance of finding a charger that is:
  • Working
  • Not been ‘freeloaded’ by locals
  • Not ice’d
  • In a carpark not closed by a council for a random reason
This is the fun of rapid charging

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,917 Posts
I agree that the Rapid charger may be the issue. Try another one. What charge network is the one that is giving you that error? I often get similar on Polar (aka Chargemaster / BP Pulse).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your responses!
It’s an evolt charging station. I did try two different ones and both had the same problem. But other people were able to charge from different connectors

·
Registered
695 Posts
Did you manage to get your problem sorted?

I had a similar problem about a year ago with my 2014 24Kw Leaf. I plugged into the rapid charger and got the "error connecting" message. I didn't have enough charge to go to another rapid, so went to my workshop and plugged into the wall charger. On my way back, I noticed an error light on the dashboard.

While I was waiting for it to charge, I started Leaf Spy app and found a charging circuit error code (I can't remember the exact code). I erased all codes via the app. That put out the warning light on the dash, so I went back to the rapid. Hey presto! It worked and has continued to work ever since.

My conclusion was that the rapid charger caused the problem (There was some roadworks in the car park at the time, but I'm not sure if that was connected to my problem or not). I just put it down to "Gremlins".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts