Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a surprise to me as not appearing to be on rcn provisional map. But have heard from a local source this location is being actively worked for. Either at park and ride...have given my worry that this not ideal if not available 24/7 / without facilities. Or Dobbies garden centre at the 24 hour services. Have suggested they approach Esso and Burger King on the same site. Esso already having rapids in Hampshire. Burger King having a fit with rapid dwell time.

Will update if I can.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I do hope so as that would make an excellent gateway into West Wales though Welshpool would have been even better.

Reactions: Steve Thayne

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Cheers thanks for that, I feel a Starbucks coffee and a fast charge coming on!!!
If you get caught there like a did a couple of weeks ago you might want more than a coffee, I was stuck trying to get out of the complex and on to the roundabout for over half an hour after charging there. The weight of traffic, short light timings and poor roundabout lane discipline by inconsiderate drivers caused havoc.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you get caught there like a did a couple of weeks ago you might want more than a coffee, I was stuck trying to get out of the complex and on to the roundabout for over half an hour after charging there. The weight of traffic, short light timings and poor roundabout lane discipline by inconsiderate drivers caused havoc.
Ok........note to self avoid rush hour

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are some major roadworks currently at the near by Meole Brace island. This is diverting lots of traffic on to the bypass, making that Junction even busier than usual - it also has the A49 from Hereford / Ludlow feeding into it.

So yes, avoid rush hour if you can.

Iceing fairly common. You just need to find the customer and ask them to move. Starbucks staff will help if asked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts