Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20140501_144001.jpg

4 spots no ICE, except two tyres sneaking over line, CCS Included what I want to see.

20140501_144035.jpg

Just checked it out as new and it is ready to go when I get my EV.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Awesome, that's what I like to see! :)

It's great to finally start getting a complement of rapid chargers in the north west!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Is that...

2 x CHAdeMO (one on each unit)
2 x Type 2 A|C (one on each unit)
1 x CCS

In other words... is one of the units a triple-header?

·
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

I did not look at both, I looked at the one on the left which was the latest triple connection as I was looking for the CCS so cannot be sure both units are triple, I think unit on the right has just two, next time I go past I have a better look.

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
It would be great if users could report the power levels they experience when using rapids.... I've been picking up stories of 100kW chargers limited to 20kW and multiple rapids sharing a 43kW power supply. I'm trying to validate these stories for myself but I can report that they come from multiple sources that I have reason to trust :(

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I have been watching the power levels reported on the DBT chargers and I believe that the 50kW claim for these CHAdeMO chargers is not right when charging the Leaf.

The most I have seen is 393V / 106A DC... this is about 41.6kW

I have never seen anything faster than that in over 250 rapid charges.

Is that a limit of the charger or the car?

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This maybe a stupid question, but. How can I find where there are DC CCS charging points?
I am following Ecotricity updates as they are only company I know about updating and installing still free to use Rapid Charge Stations, so far as I can see Stafford, Chester and Killington Lake services have a CCS connector.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
This maybe a stupid question, but. How can I find where there are DC CCS charging points?
I am making sure that all teh Ecotricity Highway locations are on Open Charge Map. I recently added those 3 to OCM along with their CCS.

So, at least as far as Ecotricity is concerned, you can find all locations with CCS on the Highway by going to openchargemap.org and searching their web app. Go into settings and select CCS Type 2 and a distance of 500 miles to make sure you pick up everything in the UK. Then search for any location in the UK and you will get a list. There is 3 at the moment.

If anyone knows any other CCS locations and wants me to put them onto OCM then let me know :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Is it me or is Open Charge Map very difficult to navigate etc etc. I find Zap-Map is with out doubt the easiest to use (although they do need to add the CCS option in the filter) But Zap-Map doesnt seem as uptodate as OCM.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I have no trouble at all with the map or search facility on OCM. I just selected CCS type 2 and pressed search and there are the 3 CCS locations. Easy !

It is interesting what you say about OCM being more up to date because it is only the community that updates OCM. Anyone can update or add to OCM and that is what I do. If I find a charge locations that is not on OCM I add it myself.

OCM has no feeds to automatically update it AFAIK... it is down to us :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
No I mean zapmap needs to have the facility to filter Ccs.

I will have to look at OCM more regularly then.

I just find it not as user friendly as zapmap for example.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If anyone knows any other CCS locations and wants me to put them onto OCM then let me know :)
Locations of 8 out of the 20 new CCS charging points in the North East are detailed in this post

http://www.leaftalk.co.uk/showthread.php/15189-new-rapids-in-the-north-east?p=61118&viewfull=1#post61118

and the Crosslink CCS charger locations are in this article

http://www.thegreencarwebsite.co.uk/blog/index.php/2014/03/10/milton-keynes-adds-new-network-of-tri-standard-chargers-for-evs/

1 - 20 of 35 Posts