Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any info on charging in the new Nissan dealer in Yeovil? I understood they are going to have some rapid chargers at their new site. I can only see a single type 2 pictured on their website.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
109 Posts
Hi
Are you referring to FC Chalke Nissan ?
I purchased my Leaf from there around 6 weeks ago and at that time if I remember correctly they didn't have rapid chargers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh well, will keep using my granny cable at mums when I visit. However I see on zap-map there is a rapid at Illchester - worth knowing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FC Chalke in Wincanton had a Rapid but last I heard it was out of action and not expected to be avaibale for many months due to construction work at the Dealership. I expect the Covid situation will lengthen that period?
Yeah I used that one when visiting my old stomping ground. Luckily the timing couldnt be more perfect, the dealer was quiet and he just waved me in.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeovil (our nearest dealer) has a couple of 11kW points. They're right by the front door, so not possible to sneak in! They're fed by the solar PV on the roof (or at least offset by it), which powers the whole site.

Can't see them getting much use. They're not tethered, so hardly worth the effort if you're dropping off for a service or picking up a part.

I think the Podpoint in Tesco are free, so might be easier dumping your car there for a couple of hours?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeovil (our nearest dealer) has a couple of 11kW points. They're right by the front door, so not possible to sneak in! They're fed by the solar PV on the roof (or at least offset by it), which powers the whole site.

Can't see them getting much use. They're not tethered, so hardly worth the effort if you're dropping off for a service or picking up a part.

I think the Podpoint in Tesco are free, so might be easier dumping your car there for a couple of hours?
Yeah I saw there was a stumpy in Tesco but I bet it will be iced half the time. I was hoping there would be one at the Council offices - to show forward thinking.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Forward thinking? Ha ha. I think SSDC have gone for 3 rapids on the A303, so people from London can shoot past without a detour! I'm trying to get my town council to put in chargers for residents. It's not easy, and I'm on the council!

Pretty sure there are 4 points in Tesco, so you should be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts