Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
813 Posts
Interesting that they chose to show the CCS chargers with a Zoe 40?
Massive units for pavement-mounting, presumably due to their retractable cables. I hope they're leaving enough space for wheelchairs / baby buggies to pass.

Their FAQ is interesting. Although they've only started deployment, with some CHAdeMO, they already state that they indend to deprecate CHAdeMO and eventually remove it.
They also claim that Teslas can't charge via AC on a Type 2 tethered cable. Are they thinking about US-spec vehicles, or the original Roadster?

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
1,271 Posts
Massive units for pavement-mounting, presumably due to their retractable cables. I hope they're leaving enough space for wheelchairs / baby buggies to pass.

Their FAQ is interesting. Although they've only started deployment, with some CHAdeMO, they already state that they indend to deprecate CHAdeMO and eventually remove it.
They also claim that Teslas can't charge via AC on a Type 2 tethered cable. Are they thinking about US-spec vehicles, or the original Roadster?
That is a concern, taking more pavement space from pedestrians to facilitate vehicles is never really a good look, even if they are EVs.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
463 Posts
Hhhmmmm, gonna have to start a no-hope protest I see....
Whitehall here we come!!
I'll get an on-line petition going for those who are interested (.. . he said to no-one at all 😂 )

·
Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
463 Posts
My 2018 Kia soul (type 1) was supplied with a type 2 to type 1 cable.
I had a Wallbox Pulsar Plus installed with a tethered type 2 cable ( it was on a deal 😁👍) and bought a short type 2 to type 1 adapter.
I imagine you can have anything made up you want but a quick look around only seems to show type 1 to type 1 extension cables but not charging cables.
Wallbox do tethered units to both type 1 and type 2 but obviously the charger end is hardwired, so not actually type 1 to type 1.
Hadn't noticed this before - interesting.
I went with type 2 tethered and adapted to type 1 because 2's the future so when I swap cars or if anyone visits or I rent out I should be able to cater for both options.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 2 ZERO
5,698 Posts
Looks like only one of those will be available to mere mortals, as the nearer one appears to be car club only, Are they rapids? They look too bulky to be only 7kW posts. What's on the end of the orange cables?

Edit: Oh, just re-read your post - CCS only :( That's discrimination.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.