1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Sorry if this has been covered already.
What sort.of charging times are you getting on Rapids in the Ioniq as I am thinking of jumping from my Leaf 40kwh due to #rapidgate.

I am going to be driving 450 miles to Scotland soon and will need to do multiple rapids to get there. In my Leaf 2.Zero it would take me a silly amount of time at chargers.

I was hoping to get a Kona 64kwh but they are not scheduled for delivery until January now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Typically 30 mins, you'll max out any charger in the UK up to ~80%

Longest I've had was 35 mins for 23kWh, including the slower bit up to 94% where it stops when charging on CCS.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that helps quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
45kW to 80% then 20kW to 94%, except at EH in msa where you will only get 34kW. Scotland is fine with CPS. Drove 350 miles to Kilchoan with multiple charging with only EH trouble on CCS around Gretna Green on the way home, but resolved with 3 close msa.

I aim for Instavolt where possible.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
There have been some times when a charger and the Ioniq have failed to function together, one Instavolt charger out of a pair, and some EH. However that has not been due to battery issues and it gas always charged on restarting or with an alternative charger.

It is not a shopping trolley. Just need to find the charging structure, esp destinations with a plug or type 2 charger.

·
Registered
797 Posts
back in Oct I did a 506 mile non-stop trip in my Soul. It did 7 rapids in a row with the driving done at 60-70mph. charging the car to 90% took 25-30 mins every time. TBM makes massive difference. BTW I covered that distance in 12hrs 25 mins. 2hr 45 mins faster than my mate in his NEW 40kw leaf 2.0 #rapidgate is real

I guess with the Ioniq being a sister to the Soul it wouldn't be an issue on multiple rapids..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have experienced that the Ioniq has no problems at all with fastcharging multiple times a day. No problem with this car on your holiday. About fastcharging it is wise to stop around 80% because the chargingspeed drops. It is better to fastcharge twice for about 20 minutes than once for 40 minutes. See graph based on experience from FastNed (scroll down).

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Only if the chargers are located there to use and you have finished your coffee. Frequently I still go on to higher levels, but then my long journeys are usually on holiday and peaceful. I prefer full tank for the unreliability of many chargers.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I recently did a 1782 mile trip from my home in Wales around the UK and I did all of Scotland - this was in a Zoe but I did some of it in the Ioniq too - Every charger took about 30 mins to juice to 94% In the Zoe it took me 2 hours 10 mins so I was staying 1 hour to get enough range for 80-90 miles - in the Ioniq 30 mins for 120 miles at that time of year - and so I did the trip a lot faster - max charges in 1 day 5 and problems during that time 0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts