Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to RCN anyway

rapidchargenetwork.com/resources.php

Not on Electric Highway yet. But a key location for East West travel. Along with the Gretna site UKtechie posted earlier the rcn is now up to 13 out of 74.

No sign of our promised one at our local Telford M54 though. I do occasional laps to check.... (I know!)

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are local let us know next time you are passing. rcn map hard to read on my smart phone but looks like Cambridge shows as live.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Cambridge Services (extra) on the A14 at the swavesey junction. Two rapids dual and triple headed as in other locations. Confirmed existence this morning and I am plugged in as I type this. Not yet requiring cards but chargers are branded Ecotricity so expect that one will be needed soon.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But we have been wanting charging bays to be distinctly marked to stop iceing!

I like it. So there! Am not painting it again.....

I think the original plan was to provide free boxes of chalk so we could have something to do while waiting for a charge.
u

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I might wangle my journey home from Burnley on Monday to involve charging there. A little over 60 miles home from there makes an ideal location for a charger for us. Had I known about it yesterday I would have gone that way rather than via Baldock.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is great news - now I can escape from East Anglia! Thanks for sharing, Jon.
Think this one is going to be well used. Hope the triple headed is more reliable than the one in Ikea Birmingham, last night showing a thermostat fault.

Now I will be able to go from Shropshire to Norfolk to see friends with 2 stops at Corley and Cambridge.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Great location, being 70 miles from SE London (selfishly, when heading north) but also opens up a lot of East Anglia from the west.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's the closest rapid to me (12miles), so I'll have to go and have a gander at it, and may be have a quick boost!

If I can work out how to use it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It works very well (for a DC Combo /CCS enabled car). The most reliable one I've seen so far, which suggests this could have the latest hardware/software on board.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts