Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
No report back yet? are you still on this 400 mile trip? That's over a week it's taken you now! Is #Rapidgate really THAT bad?
oh sorry! I completely forgot to come back. It all went so smoothly that I'd forgotten I was even testing it to be honest. We did a 'small and often' technique. Drove 100 miles, 10-15 min top up and so on. Rather than 0-80/100% Charges. Absolutely no issues. In fact I found it worked a lot better than the 30kWh which on long motorway journeys overheated the battery rather quickly and became a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
527 Posts
That's interesting, that you consider it better than the 30 kWh. Can you share more details, such as the normal charging speed (in kW) and what kind of speed you travelled in?

And don't forget to update your profile. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
And that is exactly why I say Leaf 24 or Leaf 30 etc. Because some just get daft and worked up about kW or kWh.
Yes because units are meaningless! :rolleyes:

"How far to the next village?" "20 miles per hour"
"How much did dinner cost?" "£25,000 per annum"
"What time will you be home?" "218 calories"

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
@Edd Beesley but on an electric car forum everyone knows what a Leaf 24 or 30 or 40 means. Is not quite the same as the other examples you are describing. It is because I didn't buy your Leaf 18 isn't it? ;):giggle:

The other thing is does it really matter if you call a Leaf a 30 kW or a 30 kWh ? Is perfectly fine to call it 30 kW, but some will jump on that if they are in a bad mood. Everyone also knows that if your electric bill is £0.10/kWh and you boil a kettle at 2.3kWh kettle for 60 mins, that is gonna cost you £0.23. So if we use kW or kWh it makes no difference. Never more so than when your describing what model of Leaf you are talking about.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Didn't realize people got so touchy about it, then I remembered that its a forum :) just for those who do I have Americanized!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,194 Posts
Not a clue, fortunately the power of the human mind, in most cases, can perform a 'know what they mean' deduction.
In this case you say you will stick with metric yet expressions of SI units is defined in law. What you've done is break the law. There's no offence created by you doing so. But nonetheless you've NOT stuck with the metric system.

I still think of the thread in which someone was describing charging of his "20kw" Zoe. I took the mickey while everyone criticised me for not "knowing" he meant 22kWh, then he came back to say that he did actually mean 22 kW charging rate.

It was total pandemonium!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I guess electric cars are one of the few instances where kWh and kW are equaly plausible for a given number. It pays to be careful, there's a good chance for a mixup.

#unitgate !

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
@Edd Beesley but on an electric car forum everyone knows what a Leaf 24 or 30 or 40 means. Is not quite the same as the other examples you are describing. It is because I didn't buy your Leaf 18 isn't it? ;):giggle:

The other thing is does it really matter if you call a Leaf a 30 kW or a 30 kWh ? Is perfectly fine to call it 30 kW, but some will jump on that if they are in a bad mood. Everyone also knows that if your electric bill is £0.10/kWh and you boil a kettle at 2.3kWh kettle for 60 mins, that is gonna cost you £0.23. So if we use kW or kWh it makes no difference. Never more so than when your describing what model of Leaf you are talking about.
Haha no no personal offence taken, the units problem does come up a lot (and I silently edit a LOT of posts for this kind of thing)

There are times when it does make sense to be clear, for someone saying "I used a rapid charger and I only got 20kw!" it's completely ambiguous.

People wouldn't say "how big is your fuel tank?" "40 horsepower" and if they did I'd have no idea what they meant.

Reactions: Desserper

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have issued a letter before action and my home insurance legal cover should pay legal for legal gistc to sue tge dealer. I bought the 2018 Leaf for long journeys trading in my petrol car. I already had a 2015 Leaf from them.

There is no softwsrefix. Lithium ion batteroesin cars must be cooled or could lethal when they ignite. Nissan covered up tjr failure to charge properly issue.

Plesse complain to the ASA who are investigating.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts