Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived at Silverstone after 10am and parked up in the carpark on a grass field. Then walked to the ferry place where the Tesla's and Buses were doing a roaring trade.
As I walked down I looked to see if any other Amps were there in the car parks and did not see any.

After doing the show, which I found better this year I came back with a Tesla ferry (an s as it happens) and was asked if I had an EV. Mentioned the Amp and the driver said he'd seen one at the top of the carpark a light blue one when parking up after the morning ferry duty.
That it turns out was mine.

Perhaps we should put in for a "Rare Breeds" parking area :D:D

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I was there in my red one, sneaked in from Silverstone village to avoid expected tail back on main rd, & got directed down farm track (!) over A34, and parked in a grassy/muddy field a fair walk from the pickups. On leaving saw a white one parked up. Tucked a couple of spare boot clips under his/her wipers with link to here - they may yet arrive?

So at least 3 of us there - that's a 0.25% turnout!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@HandyAndy That's the same field, how did I miss a red one. :( not many left at about 5 when I left that's my excuse

@Robert Harvey Possibly, I'm not very good at spotting Volts

Still think we should apply for rare breed and protected species status especially the volts.(y)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I was in field 47, about the furthest point from the event. White Amp was (I think) in field 22? Closer in, anyway. I left about 4 pm I'd say, shortly after the talk about electric ships/planes/trains. Must admit I'm not good at spotting Volts - the grille looks notably unmemorable imho.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fields had numbers?
upload_2019-6-8_21-29-42.png
X marks the spot.
I worry a bit with the Amp on wet fields due to the weight and poor ground clearance, but got out OK though it needs its annual bath now:whistle:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I went yesterday (Saturday) in my graphite coloured Ampera and spotted a red one and a white one. Car is now filthy but I thought the show was great. Bigger and better than last year and had more of a family feel, which is a good thing. Catering much improved, thankfully! I had a test drive of an i3 on the Stowe circuit, and felt that although it was impressive enough, I prefer the Ampera for several reasons. I discovered that Rolec will be offering an upgrade kit to give my dumb charger the same features as their latest smart charger, which I will consider doing. Tesla ferry was a P100D and driver gave a demo of acceleration. It actually gave me a headache, so I can understand why some owners say they give it a go a couple of times then never again. Must be what it feels like to be launched off an aircraft carrier - horrible.
If anyone is thinking of going today, I would definitely recommend it, but perhaps turn down any demos of ludicrous mode:eek:

·
EREV owner
205 Posts
I was there in my red one, sneaked in from Silverstone village to avoid expected tail back on main rd, & got directed down farm track (!) over A34, and parked in a grassy/muddy field a fair walk from the pickups. On leaving saw a white one parked up. Tucked a couple of spare boot clips under his/her wipers with link to here - they may yet arrive?

So at least 3 of us there - that's a 0.25% turnout!
Where can you get the boot clips? Mine all snapped and I would like to buy replacements. I take it these are the plastic things the load cover attaches onto?
Cheers.

BTW, I would have gone to the show too in my white amp but it is expensive to come over from Northern Ireland for anything, and a show like this is normally expensive in its own right before you add ferry's or flight. Looked great from the images I saw on FB.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
There was a filthy white Ampera at Fully Charged Live today - we parked directly behind you but then left before you, so you'll never know... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts