Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 40KW Leaf & 2020 64KW e-Niro
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2020 Niro 4 has an annoying rattle coming from the read drivers side...somewhere. I have taken everything out of the boot, connected all the seat belts, had the rear seats down and still the rattle is there. I have thumped all the doors, panels, floors and all give no sound, just sore knuckles.
There is a distinct rattle when going from side to side and over rough roads (ie most of them), it is very distracting, but also not present all of the time. I know if I take it to the dealer, the rattle will not happen.
I have tried adjusting the boot stops with no affect. The noise seems to be in the rear door area, I have tried with the window down, but again no fix.
Has anyone any other ideas? .. other than ear defenders...probably not legal.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
1,737 Posts
Maybe not the right direction but someone here had a similar problem and it turned out to be inside the sunglasses holder (top, centre)
+1

Rattles in cars are very hard to pinpoint so the overhead bin for the sunglasses is a very possible candidate for being the cause of your woes.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
The boot lid has two bumper stops; these are fitted into a hole with 4 pressure tangs, and a slim rubber "washer" - these degrade and stay thin over time, and the whole stop will vibrate on the hole. I used some silicon injected around the stop and pushed into the gap that exists to stop it moving. Rattle gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts