Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2019 e-Golf SEL Premium from a remote dealer and shipped it to my home. Comparing to my 2016 model, I love the extra range, etc. However, there is a disconcertingly loud rattle that seems to be coming from the front dash that is heard on even slightly bumpy roads. Has anyone else had such an issue? Would this be a warranty repair to pursue?

While I love the car, this rattle is driving me nuts. Any advice appreciated!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I purchased a new 2019 e-Golf SEL Premium from a remote dealer and shipped it to my home. Comparing to my 2016 model, I love the extra range, etc. However, there is a disconcertingly loud rattle that seems to be coming from the front dash that is heard on even slightly bumpy roads. Has anyone else had such an issue? Would this be a warranty repair to pursue?

I remember general conversations on this subject, how it was resolved I do not recall but if you scroll back on the Egolf & GTE posts you will find it, or hangfire and no doubt you will get the answer from someone who was involved in that discussion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Indeed, after posting, I did find a thread that was helpful. I think I’ll take it to the dealer, after checking that the sun visors are not to blame.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,195 Posts

I’ve been caught out by sunglasses in the overhead storage 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the ad!

I took the car to the dealer. The cause was two missing and one loose bolt on the belly pan, which was rattling against the subframe. The sound was echoing up through the dashboard area. Warranty covered all costs. It took 4 hours, but success was achieved!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I took my golf in for a checkover today.

I have a knocking coming from the rear of the car when driving at low speeds 0-15mph. on rough surfaces.
I also had a media software update done.

As far as the knocking goes they would not fix it under warranty because I have fitted Eibach Pro Springs and 18" wheels (That's ok, I knew they might not fix suspension issues when I mod'd the car) They told me that its the rear drop links that are knocking and it will be £90 to have them changed. But I am not happy that VW versions are good enough quality since my 2 have failed at only 15k miles on them (in fact they whee knocking since I purchased the car with 2k on it, but it was very faint back then and I never bothered too much)

So now that I still have a knocky back end I have decided to change out the rear Drop links to Moog versions since suspension care seems to be my problems now.

Here is the link Rod/Strut, stabiliser to the ones I think will fit my car. Can someone confirm if these are correct ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts