Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my ID4 1st now for a couple of months and a couple of thousand miles.

I have noticed a very annoying rattle coming from the dashboard/binnacle area. It sounds like a low sound like a frog croaking softly. It’s more a metallic sound. Has anyone else noticed any rattles? Got another one coming from the dashboard/glove box area, and another coming from the rear passenger side boot area (I have seen the other post about shocks).

I do find it frustrating that manufacturers still can’t build cars that don’t rattle. Anyone else with many rattles or can shed some light on what my frog croaking might be?

·
Registered
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition
12 Posts
I have not heard this specific dash rattle you describe, but I do hear something from the boot area every now and then. This could be something I've loaded into the back, I am not certain. I do think that the suspension of the ID.4 is surprisingly clattery. I am coming from a Prius, which had a more solid sound to it than the ID.4.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not heard this specific dash rattle you describe, but I do hear something from the boot area every now and then. This could be something I've loaded into the back, I am not certain. I do think that the suspension of the ID.4 is surprisingly clattery. I am coming from a Prius, which had a more solid sound to it than the ID.4.
Thank you. I’ll mention it to the dealer if it continues as it’s very annoying!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have had my ID4 1st now for a couple of months and a couple of thousand miles.

I have noticed a very annoying rattle coming from the dashboard/binnacle area. It sounds like a low sound like a frog croaking softly. It’s more a metallic sound. Has anyone else noticed any rattles? Got another one coming from the dashboard/glove box area, and another coming from the rear passenger side boot area (I have seen the other post about shocks).

I do find it frustrating that manufacturers still can’t build cars that don’t rattle. Anyone else with many rattles or can shed some light on what my frog croaking might be?
I have the same rattle coming from the dashboard area which is driving me mad trying to find the exact location but it only happens on certain road surfaces. I also have a noise coming from the rear passenger side boot area , I removed everything from the boot and it is still there but not on all road surfaces. I have noticed that when the boot is full the noise stops but that is probably more to do with the contents deadening the sound than anything else.I am reading the other thread with interest and will be discussing with my dealer when my car is booked in to have the tow bar fitted (if it eventually arrives its due today 8th June).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same rattle coming from the dashboard area which is driving me mad trying to find the exact location but it only happens on certain road surfaces. I also have a noise coming from the rear passenger side boot area , I removed everything from the boot and it is still there but not on all road surfaces. I have noticed that when the boot is full the noise stops but that is probably more to do with the contents deadening the sound than anything else.I am reading the other thread with interest and will be discussing with my dealer when my car is booked in to have the tow bar fitted (if it eventually arrives its due today 8th June).
Yours sounds exactly the same as mine and I’d be interested to know please how you get on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts