Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still 5-6 weeks from getting my car so forgive my ignorance, but when you say "Tesla had a TuneIn client", is it something that needs downloading and installing (how?) or is it just there alongside the soon-to-be-defunct Rdio?

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
@mgboyes Elon won't like that ;)

It was originally rumored Spotify was the first choice (makes sense), but the deal fell through on price. Spotify have Tesla over a bit of a barrel, and no doubt will leverage this (I would if I was in their shoes).

Let's just hope Tesla don't try and write their own streaming service !!! ;)

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
I just hope that Spotify has the same feature set, and the UI doesn't get rushed making one system that was designed more as a sort of intelligent related playlist bungled into another provider more aimed toward a sort of album lead online iTunes replacement.

Spotify and RDIO work differently. (I know in Spotify you can use "radio" mode, but it's not as good as RDIO's implementation, which is to be expected as they came at things from a different angle)

I have RDIO in the Tesla and Spotify in the Lotus, I prefer RDIO it just suits the nature of driving.

I also hope you can still use voice commands to search for songs.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I have heard from the other forum that Rdio is going to shut down on the 22nd Dec :(, unlikely that Tesla would come to some sort of agreement with Spotify anytime soon.

Rdio was one of the reasons (albeit a small part) why I went for the Tesla, feels like a luxury option being taken away from me when it eventually goes off air

In the meantime, I've joined Spotify on their special promo offer of 99p for 3 months, really liking it so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts