Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anyone know of any good retractable EV charger capable of fast charging that hoses in the ground on a billiard when not in use, either in the UK or anywhere in Europe?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Trying to get beyond your confusing language....it's been covered on this forum before....Google is your friend.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
The Anderson is just an expensive way of hiding the cable when you wrap it around the unit.
Fully retractable electric reels either rely on slip ring connections or twisting the cables inside the unit. The latter would not last long with the thickness of an EV charging lead and I'm not aware of any of the former designed for the current levels of an EV charger.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think the op may have had a good idea, but is lacking the knowledge of why no-one has done it!

Physics get in the way!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd have thought a coiled springy cable like the one fitted to the Twizy would be a better bet than slip rings. However, even that would be very chunky if it has to support 32A.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
And they don't fully recoil after a while, so would become increasingly difficult to repack into a convenient package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts