Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really quite excited. I’ve got two long trips in my m3 LR coming up. It’s the furthest I’ve driven since I got the car in March.

Next weekend I’m heading up to family in Hull, and the weekend after heading up to Ullswater - 394 miles each way, for a long relaxing weekend all being well :). Tesla route planner says one charge at Keele. I’ll probably stop somewhere nearer too to just top up.

Hotel has said they’ve got Schuko outside, and I already bought the schuko connectors when I got the car, so I’m sorted. They said they wouldn’t charge me either for charging! Great service.

Exciting times :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ah that makes sense :)
I remember making my first long distance trip in my EV (an i3) was a strange feeling driving beyond the range that my car would have if I needed to get home without charging! I expect having access to the supercharger network and a verified destination charger will be less stressful than having to rely on random rapid chargers hunted down on zap-map (although everything turned out to be just fine anyway)!
Ben

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,107 Posts
Really quite excited. I’ve got two long trips in my m3 LR coming up. It’s the furthest I’ve driven since I got the car in March.

Next weekend I’m heading up to family in Hull, and the weekend after heading up to Ullswater - 394 miles each way, for a long relaxing weekend all being well :). Tesla route planner says one charge at Keele. I’ll probably stop somewhere nearer too to just top up.

Hotel has said they’ve got Schuko outside, and I already bought the schuko connectors when I got the car, so I’m sorted. They said they wouldn’t charge me either for charging! Great service.

Exciting times :)

0A72EF5A-18C4-40DB-B2D2-3D8B90BF7428.jpeg

I did a similar road trip from London to Ambleside in a Model 3 Performance. Here she is in front of Lake Windermere. Just put in your destination into the Navigation system and it’ll tell you which SuCs to stop at and for how long. Just stay at the last one long enough to get the range you need to get back to it. Then use any local charging you can do for driving around that lovely countryside.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
View attachment 132237

I did a similar road trip from London to Ambleside in a Model 3 Performance. Here she is in front of Lake Windermere. Just put in your destination into the Navigation system and it’ll tell you which SuCs to stop at and for how long. Just stay at the last one long enough to get the range you need to get back to it. Then use any local charging you can do for driving around that lovely countryside.
Ah, amazing! Yeah, it says to charge at Keele for 25 minutes, so I’ll probably stay a bit longer then connect to the hotel and hopefully get up to 100% overnights. Then charge at Keele on the way back.

Stand by for pics too :)

·
3,107 Posts
Visit the SuC at Tebay if you can. Lovely views, farm shop and great restaurant. It’s on the southbound side only, but I believe there’s a route from the northbound side via a service road.

17E7230A-ADB6-4F22-B58E-0A5277E27B95.jpeg

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks brilliant - taking our two dogs up, so they’ll need a good couple of stops, it’s on my list :) thank you

·
3,107 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh you’re right, I used the Tesla.com/trips link

I could’ve sworn it said 394 each way, 291 is what it’s showing

·
3,107 Posts
Oh you’re right, I used the Tesla.com/trips link

I could’ve sworn it said 394 each way, 291 is what it’s showing

If you drove up at a steady 60mph, on a warm day you could probably do that on a single charge! Don’t think the dogs would appreciate that though 🤣

Reactions: burnt_crisps2
1 - 13 of 13 Posts