Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Status of my member is private
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this while charging at reading yesterday, plugged in for 8 minutes, unit reported it was charging, but got 0 kwh. IMAG0091.jpg

Anyone got experience of this? Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Got this while charging at reading yesterday, plugged in for 8 minutes, unit reported it was charging, but got 0 kwh. View attachment 9085

Anyone got experience of this? Am I doing something wrong?
Is that the Moto Services on the M4? I get that all the time there and to be honest half of DBT chargers do that to me.

Still charges though, it's fine.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Some DBTs seem to have problems reading the meters; it's in the operator's interest to get them fixed, especially if they charge per kilowatt, or count 0kWh as a failed charge and due to be refunded. What did your vehicle think was happening? Was electricity drawn?

·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't check - I just assumed it wasn't working and drove to the next services. Didn't want to hang about drinking expensive coffee for what appeared to be no benefit.

·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And all the other services were rubbish in their own ways too:
  • Chievely - huge queue along the slow lane to get into the slip road.
  • Newbury - iced by a pickup with smashed tail lights, and an occupant smoking a fag in the front passenger seat - couldn't be bothered engaging with him to get access (and the charger usually fails anyway)
  • Leigh Delamere - AC charger out of action.
So had to depend on the rex and drive easy to get home without a petrol stop. It was a bit chilly.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I regularly get the screen display showing 0 kWh after a successful charge on a rapid.

As noted, once they are billing for the charge, surely they will be legally required to accurately display metered units.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts