Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'd like to get one of these OBD devices/app, but want something that will give me some useful info about the hybrid drivetrain/battery etc.

I did email OBDEleven, but their answer was vague "it depends on the control unit of the battery and does it is accessible", so I'm reluctant to spend on their device on the strength of that.

Has anyone got any real world experience with an OBD device and app on the GTE and can recommend a device/app combo?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a Genuine VCDS cable running the latest version, its a USB cable to the Laptop running VCDS.

Some of the modules are not supported on my GTE if you try and look at the coding, No data on the module.

But

You can go into the Battery Management module 8C, and look at the Measurement blocks.
I tried to get a Channel map, but it would not create one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a Genuine VCDS cable running the latest version, its a USB cable to the Laptop running VCDS.

Some of the modules are not supported on my GTE if you try and look at the coding, No data on the module.

But

You can go into the Battery Management module 8C, and look at the Measurement blocks.
I tried to get a Channel map, but it would not create one.
I also found some DTCs would not clear. Had a code due to a puncture and then one for tyre diameter implausible as I used the mrs’s Space saver. Module refused request to clear

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input.
I don't want to go down the full blown VCDS route really, a bit overkill for my requirements.
Shame we can't get a leaf spy or watchdog type app. Bit out of my league to develop.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,640 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts

·
1,640 Posts
Do you have the normal or pro version? Just wondering if it's is worth paying the extra for Pro?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I went with Pro. You need it to make any changes to your car.

I'm not sure if you could make these changes without, but there's lots of 'apps' within the OBD11 app to make changes.

Off the top of my head I've done:

Fan level display when A/C set to Auto
Soundaktor Off
'Undertaking' protection Off
Auto coming home lights 30secs.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I went with Pro. You need it to make any changes to your car.

I'm not sure if you could make these changes without, but there's lots of 'apps' within the OBD11 app to make changes.

Off the top of my head I've done:

Fan level display when A/C set to Auto
Soundaktor Off
'Undertaking' protection Off
Auto coming home lights 30secs.
OK thanks. And it seemed to suggest there was an extra cost to buy apps to make the changes. How much extra if any did you have to pay to make the changes you wanted?

·
1,640 Posts
OK thanks. And it seemed to suggest there was an extra cost to buy apps to make the changes. How much extra if any did you have to pay to make the changes you wanted?

Most of the apps are 10 credits per use. Exception is video in motion is 100.

£1.59 10 credits
£11.99 100 credits

You can get free ones by opening the app daily (+1), or watching ads..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm considering buying OBDeleven and the activation code for the Pro-Version. I previously had VCDS and the cable in order to make changes to the coding. I note that the pro version adds "Coding/Coding II/Long coding, Sub control units Information/coding, Gateway installation list, Adaptation/Long adaptation"; does that mean that I would be able to adjust the coding to make those changes as part of apps?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts