Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I did 136miles on a long run I could never get it to go flat, iv always want to sit on the motorway and just drive till it runs dead. I do little things like on a long hill I holed the power band between regen andpower and it makes the car coast

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I did 136miles on a long run I could never get it to go flat, iv always want to sit on the motorway and just drive till it runs dead. I do little things like on a long hill I holed the power band between regen andpower and it makes the car coast
That's pretty impressive - I will definately try the "sitting on the motorway till it goes flat game" when I have a free morning :eek:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
56mph is a nice little sweet spot, you know the kind of rev counter on the dash display try holding the power in the middle so your using no power and know regen, the car will glide. That's how I get really good range I go from Milton Keynes to Yateley it's 76miles if I drive in this manner I always have about 47miles when I get there, but most of the time I doing 60mph but I do glide down all the hills and the car will always pick up speed

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I don't really like regen on a long journey but that's just me, I found it really hard to try and hold it at the sweet spot on the BMWi3 it's regen is to strong for me, I love it on the little VW up you can turn is off and the new golf you can,

·
Super Moderator
7,247 Posts
56mph is a nice little sweet spot, you know the kind of rev counter on the dash display try holding the power in the middle so your using no power and know regen, the car will glide. That's how I get really good range I go from Milton Keynes to Yateley it's 76miles if I drive in this manner I always have about 47miles when I get there, but most of the time I doing 60mph but I do glide down all the hills and the car will always pick up speed
Is that 56mph according to the Zoe, or from a GPS reading? If it's from the Zoe then you are going a little slower than this, don't you get constantly overtaken by lorries?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Craig, try resetting your computer - keep the drivers door open, push down and hold the accelerator, break and then hold down the down arrow on the right stalk. Mine showed 124 miles after this but after using the car for that charge and recharging has gone back to my normal ranges. Worth a try but be careful as the battery segment use will be unfamiliar to you for that charge.

As a footnote, I travel on the motorway in Eco mode.
got 128 miles up when I tried this during the week...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts