Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a really interesting little experiment undertaken by Tom at "The Electric BMW i3" blog/site.

An Active E, a BMW i3, the same roads, the same time... who uses more juice?

No spoilers here, but I thought it was well thought out and executed, and something maybe more EV owners could do "side by side" to see how they get along in direct comparison to one another.

Full article: http://bmwi3.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/real-world-range-test-bmw-i3-vs-bmw.html

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Nice article.

Reflects my own experience very much. The Active E was always a car where you could exceed your initial range by being super-careful. We had one for the year and I guess I did around 2-3000 miles in it. My record over 65 miles was 4.5 kWh per mile, and I once did a 92 mile trip and had 10 miles remaining at the end.

I did a few trips in an i3 REx on the weekend test drive and couldn't do the 50% better required to beat the Active E's bigger pack.

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
225 Posts
This is a really interesting little experiment undertaken by Tom at "The Electric BMW i3" blog/site.

An Active E, a BMW i3, the same roads, the same time... who uses more juice?

No spoilers here, but I thought it was well thought out and executed, and something maybe more EV owners could do "side by side" to see how they get along in direct comparison to one another.

Full article: The Electric BMW i3: Real World Range Test: BMW i3 vs BMW ActiveE
This is a comparison of two BMW cars which is almost like apples to apples. I would like to see either car compared with the Leaf, Bolt or Tesla. Energy use per mile should be a concern for anyone buying any car. I wonder, out of all the electric cars on the road, which uses the least energy. I also wonder where the world will get the energy required to power everything on Earth by 2050.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
This is a comparison of two BMW cars which is almost like apples to apples. I would like to see either car compared with the Leaf, Bolt or Tesla. Energy use per mile should be a concern for anyone buying any car. I wonder, out of all the electric cars on the road, which uses the least energy. I also wonder where the world will get the energy required to power everything on Earth by 2050.
In one of Nyland's videos, he did just that comparing his P85 with a BMW i3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts