Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago I noticed that the rear camera (well, the camera, there's only one) has a slight misalignment. The lower part (1 cm) of the screen shows the edge of the Kia logo. I am sure that wasn't there before so it looks like the camera got tilted ever so slightly.

Would anyone know how to readjust this?

·
Registered
562 Posts
A couple of days ago I noticed that the rear camera (well, the camera, there's only one) has a slight misalignment. The lower part (1 cm) of the screen shows the edge of the Kia logo. I am sure that wasn't there before so it looks like the camera got tilted ever so slightly.

Would anyone know how to readjust this?
Which model do you have?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Spanish model, so different. But if you're asking if the camera can be tilted from the display, it can't, it's fixed position
You saw me coming. 😄

·
Registered
360 Posts
Can you see the blue and yellow guidelines on the screen when you select reverse, and can see quite a distance or can you only see the vicinity of the rear bumper?
There are 2 views on the camera as mentioned above, the second one can be selected by tapping the top right corner of the camera view a small icon will pop up press to select the close up view, to see how close you are to a wall bumper of another car or other object.
I wonder if the screen is defaulting to the close view

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car does not have the option to change the view of the camera, it's only the posh models that have that. Yes I see the blue, yellow and red lines that are superimposed on the screen, it's just that the camera angle is just some degrees tilted towards the car.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ Yacht Blue. Jan 2021
141 Posts
Can you see the blue and yellow guidelines on the screen when you select reverse, and can see quite a distance or can you only see the vicinity of the rear bumper?
There are 2 views on the camera as mentioned above, the second one can be selected by tapping the top right corner of the camera view a small icon will pop up press to select the close up view, to see how close you are to a wall bumper of another car or other object.
I wonder if the screen is defaulting to the close view
The E-Niro does NOT have the 'close view' feature.
That is Soul only.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ Yacht Blue. Jan 2021
141 Posts
My PHEV does.
Is this a regional variation perhaps.
Just to confirm we're talking about the same thing, is there is an icon on the right of the screen that allows the camera to switch to a 'top-down' view for close manoeuvring? .
This is what it looks like in the 2020 soul.

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
328 Posts
Is this a regional variation perhaps.
Just to confirm we're talking about the same thing, is there is an icon on the right of the screen that allows the camera to switch to a 'top-down' view for close manoeuvring? .
This is what it looks like in the 2020 soul.
The look down view is not on my Eniro 4+
Would be useful though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, that's the same thing, but note that the icon just flashes up briefly when you engage reverse and then disappears, so you might not notice it. If you tap the screen again it reappears, and you can then change the view.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts