Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 1st (0783)
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been sent a video handover by the dealer before pickup on monday and in it I noticed the rear camera looks like this:

Obviously the sensors thing is meant to be on the right or the camera section need to be moved across. Before I bring it up with the dealership, is this a known bug? Is there a settings I can change or a solution known? Or is it part of the fabled ME2 update? Or does it look like a fault rear camera I should get the dealership to look at. Basically, other 1st edition owners, is your car like this too?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,661 Posts
I've read somewhere that there is a dealer fix for this. Software patch 570 possibly?
Yes, 0570 is supposed to fix it, although my rear view camera picture extends fully to the right as well, and I’m running 0564. Whether the hardware is different, I don’t know.

You can swipe the sensor display over to the left and you then get a full screen view with the guide lines instead.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st (0783)
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah cool, I emailed the dealer and then said it was because "it was parked close to a bush..."

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,686 Posts
Ah cool, I emailed the dealer and then said it was because "it was parked close to a bush..."
You've got to love dealers. I complained the rear doors of my e-Golf didn't close very well. They sent me a video saying there was 'no problem', but of the three times they went to close the door, one time it didn't work 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
ID.3 1st (0783)
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, in my handover video they keep referring to having "childs" in the back, pretty sure there's another word for multiple "childs".

When I picked up my e-Golf they introduced me to the service manager during the handover in case I had any issues. I think tomorrow I'll make sure I keep hold of their card if I can get it.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st (0783)
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mmmm I've just played around with the left/right hand drive setting and it didn't change anything. Please can someone take a photo of their rear view camera in action so I can show the dealer how it's supposed to look?

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
Mmmm I've just played around with the left/right hand drive setting and it didn't change anything. Please can someone take a photo of their rear view camera in action so I can show the dealer how it's supposed to look?
LHD/RHD setting only applies to the headlights as far as I can tell.

There’s not much more to see than on the first screen shot really, the fixed version will have the camera image more to the right, and the sensor schematic not covering part of the image.

If you swipe the the small grey line left that’s to the right of the sensor picture, you should get a full screen camera image.

The icons at the bottom switch between parking aid lines and rear cross traffic alert.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st (0783)
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah, I didn't see that small line! Thanks, just tried it and it worked fine.

Just thought the LHD/RHD might have had some impact since it looks like it's on the wrong side and that you're running 0564 too. Maybe it's in a more technical setting place. Has anyone worked out if there's a technician's mode with more options in?

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
Ah, I didn't see that small line! Thanks, just tried it and it worked fine.

Just thought the LHD/RHD might have had some impact since it looks like it's on the wrong side and that you're running 0564 too. Maybe it's in a more technical setting place. Has anyone worked out if there's a technician's mode with more options in?
Yeah, my sensor screen is on the left as well, but the image is more to the right taking up the black space.

To be honest, I don’t use it, even though it comes on, I still tend to use the mirrors and listen to the beeps. I find the depth perception very difficult via the reversing camera.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
311 Posts
The fix seems to be a patch independent of 0564 or 0570 - I've see cars with both versions with the fix and without the fix.

The patch was installed on mine at the same time as other updates, so mine is on 0570.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts