Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it do anything? Doesn't seem to make much difference at all on mine when the screen is all misted up (not just wet with rain), it can stay on for as long until it times out and it'll have barely achieved anything. If I run it a second time it still wont have cleared, is this normal?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
It clears misted up rear screen, heavy dew is another matter.
The Ampera is well sealed - check the door rubbers for example - the effect is to keep damp in the car, more so now coats are wet, worse if the air is on recirculate. For years I have used silica gel bags (2 off 1kg bags) to reduce the moisture. This works well and allows the demister to work.
Mine came from Aldi but there are plenty about - recharge by microwaving.
This type of thing, no Idea if this brand is good!

If the car is already wet then next time you are running the engine set the temp to max, cook the car and then open all windows to let the steam out!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Window vac the Windows too! Also the silica bead moisture absorber as suggested above. And don't turn off the air-con!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,501 Posts
Get a new pair of socks, fill with silica cat litter and tie the end. Place in other sock and tie the end. You could weigh the resulting pack or round it up to a memorable figure. Every so often you can weigh the 'pack' and that will let you know how much moisture it has absorbed then place it on a radiator overnight, or until it is back to the initial weight and re-use. I mention new socks but any can be used providing there are no holes and not too smelly. I did this over winter when my bike in the boot was wet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts