Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am intending to get my 63 plate Zoe into Renault, but has anyone one got a knocking/thunk when coming out of right turn on a traffic island and sometimes a right turn. It happens when the car straightens up and seems to be coming from the middle of the car.

It sounds as is something is shifting and isn't right towards the back of the car.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Sounds like torshoin or anti roll bar, bushes or maybe a cv joint.

Its under warranty so get it into Renault :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike, thanks for the information.Is this something that you would expect in a car less than 11 months old? I know the Zoe is a heavy car but no more heavy than an Audi A4.

As you say it is under warranty!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Heard many similar things from brand new ice cars. To be fair. When they built tbe car there are thousanss of parts and connections. If only one has failed in the first year then thats not too bad!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've noticed a knocking from the rear, not able to pin it down as it only does it when driving over uneven surfaces and bumps. Car is 2 weeks old.

·
Zoe Q210 Dynamique Intens, Kia Niro PHEV
1,414 Posts
Mine just had the boot latch adjusted & lubricated and has been fine ever since.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
Some have had a problem with spot-welds on the rear body that was corrected under warranty.
I think that in the end this just happened to be for a handful of owners. Typical Zoe news that at the time was blow out of all proportion. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts