Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my kids cant find the light for the back seats. I have just checked and cant find it myself. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
There isn’t one

Pretty poor.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
my kids cant find the light for the back seats. I have just checked and cant find it myself. Any ideas?
It does not have one.
Mind you, don't tell them straight away.
Tell them to keep looking for one, it will keep them occupied for at least 5 mins !.
It should have one really ?.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
given the dash will tell you that a rear door is open, there's definitely a sensor and thus wires and power, so I imagine that it must be possible to wire in a small light somewhere.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
A much nicer light for up front. I went for a red one, gently lights the cubby and a soft glow into both footwells.

For the back I went with this. A little more fun for the kids.

Slide his visor up and he switched on, slide it back and he switches off. Doubles as a reading light when underway and isn't distracting to the driver.

Reactions: Carty and Paul M

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
A much nicer light for up front. I went for a red one, gently lights the cubby and a soft glow into both footwells.
Hi @Sandy .
Thanks for the "Tip" !.
The USB LED'S are a great idea, nice job.
Am I right in thinking this will light as soon as the car is booted up and then go out as soon as the car is powered down ?.
Not visible in the day time of course.
Yeah, it would provides the inside of the car with a small touch of ambient lighting at night, I do like that idea.
My previous car had a full ambient lighting package that worked when you unlocked the doors at night time.
A very small blue LED strip in the door sills when you opened the front doors, plus a similar thin blue strip in all four upper door trims.
The front foot wells use to have a nice soft glow to them also.
When you started up the car, the foot lights would slowly fade out, but leave the door trims still alight.
It was a really nice touch that I do miss, I have to be honest.
Thanks !.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
In my experience the front USB power comes on as soon as you unlock the car, and stays on for a while after you turn off the car and lock it.
The rear USB power only comes on when car is on, and turns off as soon as you turn off the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for comments and ideas for the light. Lack of rear light really is a minor criticism. Overall, it is a very decent car at the price point.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
thanks for comments and ideas for the light. Lack of rear light really is a minor criticism. Overall, it is a very decent car at the price point.
My Zoe didn't have rear lights either. Its such a cheap oversight by manufacturers. :( My budget Fiat before the Zoe had rear reading lights and it didn't even have AC it was so budget.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts