Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
When I collected my Ampera from the dealership, I noticed an ingress of water in one of the rear light lenses. On closer inspection there where two cracks in the lens which had allowed water to get inside, presumably when it was valeted. A couple of days later, when the sun was shining, I went on to look at the other rear lenses on the car. I found that every one of the rear light lenses had some sort of crack in it.
It is impossible to know how this has happened but I am just wondering if there is some sort of issue here. How can all four lenses be cracked without any other sign of trauma to the rear end?
I recommend other owners take a close look at their vehicle in bright sunlight, just in case there is some production problem that is causing this problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't seen any with cracks but I have seen the boot reflector (this looks a light lense) with water ingress.

I hope this isn't going to be a common problem :?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, I have noticed the reflectors at the rear have on occasions misted up, according to the handbook it says it is normal and will disperse when the lights are on. :eek: Cannot see any cracks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes it is perfectly normal for the light lenses to mist up and demist when the lights are on.
But the reflector lenses I'm talking about do not have lights in them, so it's not possible for them to warm up to demist.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Put me down as another one with a cracked rear light lense. :(

I didn't notice until the heavy rain last week, when it started to mist up. There's a fairly substantial crack on the drivers side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts