Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be a silly question, I've seen on more than one Model 3 recently, there's the main rear LED strip light that wraps around the light cluster and onto the bootlid part of the light cluster. On two cars I noticed the strip was only lit on the main clusters and not on the bootlid part of the lights. As it was on both sides on both cars, I just assumed that one of the light settings means they're not always fully lit. But when I tried all the options in my car (a March 2021 car) mine are all fully lit - Main cluster and bootlid part.

Here's a photo I've cropped from my dashcam (had to zoom in and the car was driving off, so excuse the quality) showing a 2020 car with just the main part of the cluster lit but not the bootlid section. Although you cant see from the pic, it was the same on both rears, so it looked even. Just wondering if anyone's car does this, is it a faulty strip on the bootlid section, and does it give an error message on the screen if it's not lit?

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Thanks in advance! Dan

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hmmm… can’t say I’ve ever noticed that behaviour on a car before, something is wrong I’d say. Are the number plate lights off as well? Maybe the boot is not properly closed, or at least the car thinks it isn’t?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts