Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced this? My rear lights won’t go off, I discovered they were on yesterday (neighbour told me). I tried all the usual stuff, but they won’t behave. Even tried disconnecting the battery, but this didn’t work either.

Currently, rear lights on, no other lights illuminated and no error messages.

Oh! - disconnecting the battery, didn’t solve the naughty lock / key issue either

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,892 Posts
Check the brake pedal in case there is something dragging on it. I'd think either faulty earth or faulty brake pedal switch would be likely culprits. Either way I wouldn't risk driving it.

With locking misbehaving as well I think it's time to punt it VW to fix it.

These ID.3 are nothing if not interesting for the range and number of problems they have! I think you're the first with this one though.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the brake pedal in case there is something dragging on it. I'd think either faulty earth or faulty brake pedal switch would be likely culprits. Either way I wouldn't risk driving it.

With locking misbehaving as well I think it's time to punt it VW to fix it.

These ID.3 are nothing if not interesting for the range and number of problems they have! I think you're the first with this one though.
Thanks - checked brake pedal, that’s OK.

The stuck lights seem to be the rear side lights, not brake lights - if I press brake pedal, they go much brighter.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,647 Posts
I’m sure there was another member with rear light issues, but his lights were stuck off instead of on if I remember correctly?

Definitely one for the dealer I think.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,892 Posts
Rear lights instead of brake lights might be the weird park thing some cars have so you can park in the road after dark. Worth checking the manual.

If it's got auto lights do the rear lights change if you turn it onto manual lights or auto if it's already on manual?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rear lights instead of brake lights might be the weird park thing some cars have so you can park in the road after dark. Worth checking the manual.

If it's got auto lights do the rear lights change if you turn it onto manual lights or auto if it's already on manual?
No, nothing I do with the light switches makes any difference, apart from switching the front lights on, I tried all that last night.

I’ll build myself up to giving the dealer a call, it’s a nice day for a drive, assuming the car isn’t sulking and won’t let me in.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Try a factory reset as a last resort if you are wary of the dealer. Its in the settings menu. Bit of a faff but might be less of a faff than the dealer who might just do that themselves.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
452 Posts
Has anyone experienced this? My rear lights won’t go off, I discovered they were on yesterday (neighbour told me). I tried all the usual stuff, but they won’t behave. Even tried disconnecting the battery, but this didn’t work either.

Currently, rear lights on, no other lights illuminated and no error messages.

Oh! - disconnecting the battery, didn’t solve the naughty lock / key issue either
You on version 2.1 (0792)??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do these things have normal brake pedal position switches on them? If so they are usually easy to self adjust. Nervous about playing with modern complicated cars though, probably needs a visit to the dealers?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
426 Posts
if that were a Renault I would say its just been configured to have the rear tail lights on with the front DRL - on Renault cars you would enable or disable this with diagnostic software called DDT4ALL - but as yours is a VW I think you need VAG diagnostics software (whatever that is called) to disable the rear tail lights on with front DRL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts