Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear speakers have just decided to stop working on my 40kw Tekna. With full adjustment to the rear they are barely audible. In settings+sound all adjustments are at default midway. I have booked it in for a check over in a couple weeks but I thought to save embarrassment I would check on this forum. Anyone had this problem and how to fix? Cheers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Been to Nissan today with the fault. It seems the amp has failed causing the rear speaker problem. No high volume selection from me so I guess just one of those things. New amp on order under warranty.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Failure of the Bose amp is quite common on the Tekna models.
Mine had the left front speaker replaced twice, they kept blaming the speaker when I kept telling them it was the amp.
It was temperature sensitive too, the problem would be worse until the interior of the car warmed up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Collected car yesterday with new amp fitted. Very disappointed and feel a bit fobbed off to be honest. Switched on and it didn’t sound any different! To hear the rear speakers from the front seat I have to adjust the fade setting all the way to the rear minus one digit. Of course the volume of the front speakers goes right down to compensate, and then the sound quality is quite poor. And it means the overall volume is now way up past 50% and this is by no means loud. This is a Bose system which is supposed to be a premium sound. Every other car stereo I’ve had has the settings all midway and you can here all speakers from the outset.

I returned to the service department and the tech guy took me to another Tekna. Is was the same!! I don’t get it. I’m sure all was fine when I purchased last September. Anyone else noticed this? Not sure what my next move is!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Collected car yesterday with new amp fitted. Very disappointed and feel a bit fobbed off to be honest. Switched on and it didn’t sound any different! To hear the rear speakers from the front seat I have to adjust the fade setting all the way to the rear minus one digit. Of course the volume of the front speakers goes right down to compensate, and then the sound quality is quite poor. And it means the overall volume is now way up past 50% and this is by no means loud. This is a Bose system which is supposed to be a premium sound. Every other car stereo I’ve had has the settings all midway and you can here all speakers from the outset.

I returned to the service department and the tech guy took me to another Tekna. Is was the same!! I don’t get it. I’m sure all was fine when I purchased last September. Anyone else noticed this? Not sure what my next move is!
Did you ever get a resolution to the rear speaker problem? Mine is doing the same thing. Really low volume in the rear.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have found that the BOSE Subwoofer requires a high sound volume going into it to make it function.

If the sound is inaudible in the rear, then from settings bring up the "SOUND" menu.

Make sure that all settings are in the middle setting, then move the "FADER" setting fully to the rear "R" - the sound in the rear will be very low, so move the volume knob up to an audible level that suits.

Now move the "FADER" setting to the front by 2 notches (very fine setting) the sound will be from the back - move it up 1 more notch for the fronts speakers to be prominent.

Don't worry if the volume is quite high on the level indicator, the systems amplifier needs a high volume to drive it.

I prefer the sound to be more prominent in the rear than the front but it is really just 1 notch on the fader that makes the difference to give front prominence.

If there is no sound in the rear with the "FADER set fully to "R" then I guess the system is faulty and needs the AMP replacing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts