Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's no wiper fluid coming out of the nozzle onto the rear window on my 2018 Kia Soul. I've seen this before, but with sub-zero temperatures. In this case it's currently 9 degrees and in the sunshine so doubt it's that. The spray is working onto the front windscreen.

Has anyone seen this before? And if so any advice to share? Or just bring it in to the Kia dealer? TIA

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops, accidentally replied to myself - deleted

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sadly, yes. My front jets blocked up not long after service. Cost £100 to replace jets. Never seen 2 jets go together! On the the way back home the rear then blocked. Still like it now but expect another £50.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly, yes. My front jets blocked up not long after service. Cost £100 to replace jets. Never seen 2 jets go together! On the the way back home the rear then blocked. Still like it now but expect another £50.
Not covered under warranty, then?

·
Registered
Soul EV 30kWh 2017
230 Posts
I have seen this on another car. Cured by disconnecting at the pump outlet and using compressed air into the nozzle outlet. Blew the crud out. Probably was hard water and something in the additive which produced a sediment.

It would be as well to change to a different additive.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I have seen this on another car. Cured by disconnecting at the pump outlet and using compressed air into the nozzle outlet. Blew the crud out. Probably was hard water and something in the additive which produced a sediment.

It would be as well to change to a different additive.
Sometimes mixing different washer concentrates is enough to cause gelling and blockage!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Some compressed air cleared the blockage - no visit to the garage necessary.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I've had it before on various cars - the water here is hard as hell. It usually cleared with a pin down the nozzle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts