Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

2181 - 2197 of 2197 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
We definately need some Northbound around that part of the M1. There's a big gap, and the Barnsley location is rubbish, and there are only 2 stalls. Anywhere between Nottingham and Leeds would help me - the current Woodall Southbound secret road arrangement isn't great.

The new Ionity chargers at Leeds will be useful - at 350kW they'll be far faster than Tesla's. Be interesting to see how many stalls they install.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
We definately need some Northbound around that part of the M1. There's a big gap, and the Barnsley location is rubbish, and there are only 2 stalls. Anywhere between Nottingham and Leeds would help me - the current Woodall Southbound secret road arrangement isn't great.
Well, the clock is ticking on the planning application for Woodall NB; so I would expect to see some construction work starting quite soon. This, and Leicester, are probably the two most useful sites in the current rollout plan.

As an aside, Tesla's Europe supercharger "coming soon" map 404's so I suspect they are making some changes...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Not sure if this is old news, but the Tesla charging map has been updated, and now shows a service centre in Nottingham, Norwich, Newcastle, Glasgow, Southampton and Belfast - all coming soon.
No new charger locations that I can see.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,416 Posts
Doh of course it is! Forgot about that.

In other news some diggers have turned up at Woodall NB - but don't count chickens just yet.
I used the access roads last week to get from NB Woodall to SB, and back. I passed a police car on the access road towards NB services and wondered if they were going to say anything given there's no longer any Tesla signage. (They didn't).

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,416 Posts
Not their department. It's a private road and Tesla owners have use of it for the time being. I must say that NOT using it will be a delight, the potholes are so bad!
The northbound road had been repaid. I didn't think access to SB was too bad.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Going round the M25 two weeks ago there were zero superchargers of 12 available at South Mimms. Coming down the M40 today there were zero if 16 available at Oxford services. Methinks it will get worse before it gets better... :oops:

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Going round the M25 two weeks ago there were zero superchargers of 12 available at South Mimms. Coming down the M40 today there were zero if 16 available at Oxford services. Methinks it will get worse before it gets better... :oops:
How long did you have to wait to get a charge?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I genuinely said to my daughter that there's a guy on speak ev called cah197 who's a bigger fan boy than me and will probably ask how long I actually had to wait for a charge! You're now famous in the RJT85 household!
PS. Answer is I had just enough elections in the tank get home without charging.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It seems the mid-Wales supercharger is going in at the Caer Beris Hotel in Builth Wells - credit to Roy Portlock over on TMC for his detective work. Hotel confirmed they were being installed in 6-9 months. So look forward to those opening in 2023 :p:p

2181 - 2197 of 2197 Posts