Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

2261 - 2280 of 2297 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone got any news on the Marks Tey/ Colchester chargers going live?
Hi all

Just checked on the Colchester (Marks Tey) site and things have been slowly moving along. Cabinets and another fenced area finished off, but the chargers themselves still are not in place with the cabling sticking it of the ground. Looks like some activity there, but this has now been going on for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi all

Just checked on the Colchester (Marks Tey) site and things have been slowly moving along. Cabinets and another fenced area finished off, but the chargers themselves still are not in place with the cabling sticking it of the ground. Looks like some activity there, but this has now been going on for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the update. Painfully slow progress. Maybe Tesla could get in the Chinese contractors that built a Coronavirus hospital in a week ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The bays at Bristol service centre are now open, 6 120kw units. But no real facilities on site, prob a 5 min walk to McDonalds or the Vue complex, but maybe it'll take some of the strain off the pair of chargers at cribbs shopping centre.

·
Registered
Tesla Model S, Ford Transit Flt Bed (Smiths), Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Vectrix VX-1, Aixam Mega City
184 Posts
Can SB users (of Hilton Park services' Suc) do the 'back-doubles' to get to the working NB SuC) for the time-being?

·
Registered
726 Posts
That's a shame... I understand the need to still install V2 for existing S/X, but it would have been good to have had 6 V2 and 6 V3 rather than 12 V2.

Nice to see progress and a good location.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Also a shame that these aren't off Junction 11 to serve M6 Toll users easily also. I don't think I'd divert via Brum to stop here.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Can SB users (of Hilton Park services' Suc) do the 'back-doubles' to get to the working NB SuC) for the time-being?
At the moment neither side is live although it looks like groundworks are more-or-less complete.

I've never stopped at this service area but looking at Google maps it appears that you can access either side from local roads without passing through a barrier, in particular there is a sign for the hotel on the southbound side access road off Hilton Lane. If Tesla drivers were permitted to use this to access the southbound supercharger then return north via J11/A460 it would only be a ~2 mile detour off the M6 Toll, making this location a useful charging stop for a lot more journeys. This sort of thing has been clamped down on in some locations (e.g. Charnock Richard) but is possible in others (e.g. Woodall Southbound).

·
Registered
451 Posts
At the moment neither side is live although it looks like groundworks are more-or-less complete.

I've never stopped at this service area but looking at Google maps it appears that you can access either side from local roads without passing through a barrier, in particular there is a sign for the hotel on the southbound side access road off Hilton Lane. If Tesla drivers were permitted to use this to access the southbound supercharger then return north via J11/A460 it would only be a ~2 mile detour off the M6 Toll, making this location a useful charging stop for a lot more journeys. This sort of thing has been clamped down on in some locations (e.g. Charnock Richard) but is possible in others (e.g. Woodall Southbound).
Further to the above, I just looked at the Travelodge website which says guests are permitted to use access roads for the services on both sides allowing easy access to the M54 as well as the A460 and M6 Toll.

·
Registered
24 Posts
At Hilton Park there are 12 Superchargers on each side, so no need to cross over unless all are in use and you can’t wait a few minutes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
At Hilton Park there are 12 Superchargers on each side, so no need to cross over unless all are in use and you can’t wait a few minutes.
If you're travelling along the M6-M6 Toll and wanted to make use of Hilton Park then the southbound services access road would save you a 9 mile detour (down to M6 J10 and back).

2261 - 2280 of 2297 Posts