Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

2281 - 2300 of 2305 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure how it is suitable during the early hours for a coffee etc. Also already limited parking there, so big ask to dedicate 8 spots for chargers.
Is this why Leeds SuC is closed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
8 stall 250kW permit for Edinburgh Newbridge on Supercharger.info

Edit: permit 20/01678/FUL shows new electrical substation at Tesla Service Centre. Not sure where the 250kW figure is confirmed

·
Registered
25 Posts
Doesn’t look like v3 250kW to me as it’s the same cabinet and power hardware that was used for Eurocentral/Motherwell which is v2. Plus the 8 bays on the plans are numbered 1A-4B.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It's a shame Tesla can't roll out the V3 250kW superchargers only going forwards including upgrading the existing ones :(

·
Registered
15,518 Posts
It's a shame Tesla can't roll out the V3 250kW superchargers only going forwards including upgrading the existing ones :(
I think that’s the plan, as Elon mentioned they were waiting on V3 supercharger production to ramp up.

Probably depends on power available at the site as well.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know a few of us follow Supercharger news across several forums but though it was worth mentioning here some encouraging developments in recent weeks:
  • Hilton Park Northbound has opened - 10 of 12 stalls live initially with 1a and 1b in bags
  • Colchester has also opened - all 12 live
Also in the pipeline
  • Plans for the new Aberdeen Service Centre have been updated to include 8 Superchargers
  • Equipment has been delivered to the Fort William site, apparently enough for 6 Supercharger stalls.
  • New groundwork for adding 8 stalls to Heathrow Hilton T5 is in progress, and the charging cabinet base layout indicates they are likely to be V3.

·
Premium Member
10,947 Posts
The planning application for the North Wales A55 Supercharger substation has been made. Mountain Park Hotel & Golf Club, Flint Mountain. It is a bit further from A55 than we might have hoped, but supply was probably the issue. Fingers crossed it gets approved and we will see the site live later this year.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The planning application for the North Wales A55 Supercharger substation has been made. Mountain Park Hotel & Golf Club, Flint Mountain. It is a bit further from A55 than we might have hoped, but supply was probably the issue. Fingers crossed it gets approved and we will see the site live later this year.
Great to have some news of this being progressed, it's been on Tesla's wish list for a long time. I suppose they will be footing the bill for the substation and the connection back to the grid, this seems to be a sticking point for a few sites now (I know the supply has already been upgraded at Fort William and I gather it needs to be resolved for a proposed site in Builth Wells for example).

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Is it a grid connection they are getting or connecting to the local 11kv?
Is the new transformer owned by Tesla?

·
Premium Member
10,947 Posts
2281 - 2300 of 2305 Posts