Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

The best there is at what I do
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forget about saving the planet and loads of dosh running them, after 6 1/2 years this little car still makes me smile and the smile gets even bigger as I enter MK on the A421:)

But without doubt the best thing about owning an EV is this:

Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
Keeping your two ICE vehicles off the road?

Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The badge says BMW - he's allowed to do it. Along with not using his indicators.
The badge doesn't say BMW it's just an emblem, it has no intelligence somewhat like the owner, I use my indicators all the time to warn of imminent changes of direction, the trouble is when your travelling at the speed of light its hard to see them, the laws of nature are hardly my problem.:ROFLMAO:

Zoe Devotee

Registered
Kona64
+1 for the stupid-o-clock safely leaving ability
Windows clear, neighbours not disturbed, all done whilst the kettle is coming to boil
Then I quietly disappear off down the road

Reactions: cah197

Registered
You need to go to specsavers :ROFLMAO:
From your photo it looks like usual parking spaces marked out, with an EV symbol and hashing inside each space, your car appears to be over the edge of the second parking space.

The preconditioning is an interesting one, my PHEV has it and I know a few people with ICE cars which have it as well, though I wouldn't fancy using it with an ICE and presumably leaving the engine running kicking out fumes.

Registered
F30 330e Sport
Yes I love the precondition feature in the colder months, turn it off during the summer as it鈥檚 never that hot to need to cool down.

Had a couple of mates with high end mercs and beemers, like phevs they have an auxiliary battery to supply the precondition, so the engine would never kick in鈥

Registered
From your photo it looks like usual parking spaces marked out, with an EV symbol and hashing inside each space, your car appears to be over the edge of the second parking space.

The preconditioning is an interesting one, my PHEV has it and I know a few people with ICE cars which have it as well, though I wouldn't fancy using it with an ICE and presumably leaving the engine running kicking out fumes.
Running an ICE to preheat is banned by many local authority bylaws because if the serious air pollution it causes ( cold engine, no cat).

Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
Driving (silently with big grin) past a petrol garage that's full to the brim of ICE drivers (and queuing out the other side), who all "wouldn't touch one of them EV's with a barge pole as they take so long to charge!!" - yessss!!:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A working Ecotricity Charger? :LOL: - or was that just a "staged picture"? ;)
It was completely genuine, I often swing into Newport Pagnell Services if I need a splash and dash, in this case I couldn't charge at IKEA (prefer to stop there because I can top up with meatballs while the car is topping up, win win)

Anyway here's the proof it wasn't a staged working EH charger photo :LOL:

Registered
Some reasons to buy.

You like being an early adopter, although that reason is fading and there is a risk you will soon be mainstream.

You like planning and a sense of adventure on long trips.

You like taking regular comfort breaks on long journeys.

You love rfid thingies and smart phone apps.

You like your car to have lots of tech and a big touch screen to play with while driving.

You like to show that money is not everything.

Some reasons not to buy.

You love the smell of petrol or diesel.

You love the roar of an engine and shouted conversations.

You like changing gear and demonstrating your excellent clutch control in traffic jams.

You like the sense of uncertainty from low torque or turbo lag when pulling out into traffic or overtaking.

You like reving an engine hard to get some torque.

You like to show that you are not going to be cowed by those green evangelists.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts