339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,665 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Got my recall letter yesterday. Called them today, but they can’t tell me when it will be booked in and I have to wait for a call back. Letter states to park the Kona in the open until it is fixed.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Got my recall letter yesterday. Called them today, but they can’t tell me when it will be booked in and I have to wait for a call back. Letter states to park the Kona in the open until it is fixed.
I am still waiting for a call back from yesterday morning. Seems to be a lack of planning and urgency from Hyundai UK given the fire risk.

Reactions: arao99

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
The gov.uk page says there is an active recall for Kona EV both 2019 and 2020 but when I put in my reg number it says no recalls. Does anyone know, are the 2020 models also recalled, or only some of them?

·
Registered
292 Posts
It would be good to know whether the recent BMS update I had done earlier this year is the same as the impending recall update? I checked the Gov recall website and my MY19 Kona EV is not on the recall list. Unless..... Hyundai are still uploading the vehicle information. Hopefully, they will be more competent at doing that than they are at updating our vehicles. Data, data, data?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Given the kona fires reported in the press ( eg Hyundai to recall 77,000 Kona electric cars over risk of battery fire, fights LG Chem over cause - Electrek ) at my service I did specifically ask if a recall was due.

Initially they said no recall had been announced (in the UK), but when I picked the car up they said it was in the works and will be announced in a couple of weeks.
Hi All, I received my letter 2 weeks ago. Dropped the car in this morning for the DVSA R/2020/308 corrective action (2019 model).
I await the phone call advising whether an actual battery module or "complete battery change" !! is necessary.
Hopefully the new BMS update will report all cells OK.
Has any body else completed their recall yet?
If so what was outcome?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Latest BMS recall carried out at Bristol Street Motors, Bristol on Tuesday. Why are main dealers so poor? Told it would take 'half an hour if all went smoothly, two hours if there were problems'. Luckily I didn't wait since four and a half hours later they rang to say it was completed. No explanation of why so long. When I collected it I found the dash cam had been disconnected and the wire left dangling.

From advice on this forum I had also asked for the granny cable sleeve recall to also be done to save an extra garage visit. 'No problem' I was advised. However on collection found it not done. Apparently the technician was only able to order the sleeve when he had checked my car! This sort of rubbish really makes me mad. Result - another visit required for the sleeve.
I have lodged a complaint and await their response.
Let's hope the BMS update was done properly.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Had mine done by Tates in Portslade last Fri. No problems and all went smoothly, in fact they have been great every time. They also gave me the new rubber boot for the granny cable.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts