Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home tonight to a letter for each of our LEAFs, a 24 and a 30.

Apparently Nissan have identified a fault with the earth plates on the traction battery that could put their technicians at risk if they don't follow standard service procedures.

They are saying that it's a two hour job to sort out with new earth plates.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thank you Aceshigh.
Checked with my local dealers... My 11 plate Leaf 24 is included.
Booked in for 28th November they reckon to have it done by 12:30 the same day.
Do they have to take the undertray(s) off for this job?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

No issues opening the thread on app or on the Web. Getting my Leaf sorted this weekend.

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
117 Posts

No issues opening the thread on app or on the Web. Getting my Leaf sorted this weekend.

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos
Dave-
No, link does not work.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I haven't seen the letter, but they did it anyway on the service it had today. Now I just have to figure out what exactly they did ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
So i've had this recall to both the 24kwh gen1 I own. though I was happy with the plates they changed I was quite alarmed at the state of the rear earth bonding plates which were in as bad a state and were not replaced. who knows why but to others getting it done. check yours visibly first and if they are bad try and kick up a fuss before they start the job. perhaps they wont do half a job. (hope springs eternal)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
So i've had this recall to both the 24kwh gen1 I own. though I was happy with the plates they changed I was quite alarmed at the state of the rear earth bonding plates which were in as bad a state and were not replaced. who knows why but to others getting it done. check yours visibly first and if they are bad try and kick up a fuss before they start the job. perhaps they wont do half a job. (hope springs eternal)
Could you post some pictures to show where we should be looking?
Cheers!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am sorry jmacneil it is too cold for me to be getting under the car without a ramp and I didn't take any pictures at the time. Basically they are flat metal strips about a finger width wide and 10-15cm long. there are 3 at the front and 3 at the back I think from memory. they connect the battery pack to the chassic to give a decent path to earth. Obviously when they are corroded they are not doing that job as they are not being a good conductor. the recall only replaces the ones at the front but all mine were rusting.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Do the earth straps not have covers over them to stop road salt sticking them and rusting them to buggery?!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I am sorry jmacneil it is too cold for me to be getting under the car without a ramp and I didn't take any pictures at the time. Basically they are flat metal strips about a finger width wide and 10-15cm long. there are 3 at the front and 3 at the back I think from memory. they connect the battery pack to the chassic to give a decent path to earth. Obviously when they are corroded they are not doing that job as they are not being a good conductor. the recall only replaces the ones at the front but all mine were rusting.
Thanks. Will try to take a look at some point when it doesn't involve lying down in the bog that passes for our driveway these days ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts