Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I was on the phone to the dealer I bought the car from, I asked if there are any outstanding recalls on my car. I was told that, indeed, there is one - didn't you get a letter - oh, it's very new.

Anyway tried to book it in and get them to collect it. "Sorry we don't collect for recalls". I explained about self-isolating for corona virus and clearly they haven't caught up with the implications yet.

So I got onto VW Customer Service who were very helpful and found a dealer who would collect the car and do the recall albeit in a month's time.

Now this recall apparently takes three hours so it must be simpler than what was being done in earlier threads. Or maybe they are now very slick at it?!?

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Sounds like exactly the same recall as before to me? The check should only take that long, replacement if a fault found will take longer.

It’s only new to the dealer as they’re probably embarrassed they hadn’t done it before now and would hope they wouldn’t have to do it.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could well be.

So that's a fortnight waiting for parts from Germany even if the factory wasn't shut?.

If I had one of the famous letters we could compare.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had my 2018 GTE Advance in for service and Battery S-seal recall. Car collected and returned and all done in the day. This recall appears to be different to previous battery recall and seems to involve applying some sealant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts