Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a recall notice for my gen 2 LEAF while I've been away from my post over Christmass. Some problem with the battery earth plate (not sure what that is). They're worried about maintenance guys getting electrocuted, apparently.

Anyone been through the process? Any expected side-effects?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Been through this on our two Leaf 24s. No downside other than having to take the car in. It's just the straps that go between the outside of the pack and the body which apparently corrode. The car came back clean but no other settings reset.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine came out as dirty as it went in...normally they give it a wash but not this time...

·
Registered
68 Posts
My recall came up on the You+Nissan site over a year ago. I rang the dealer and they told me it was a mistake, its now disappeared from the Nissan site. Do you think I am still eligible for this?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Mine was done during its annual service. Didn’t really seem to add any time to the regular service. Still all done in a couple of hours including wash and rapid charging.

·
Registered
767 Posts
My Leaf has dropped another bar on the dash since having it done back in November, probably just coincidence though :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
After reading about this I contacted Nissan to ask whether my Good Lady's 2014 Tekna needed this modification. Not only did they confirm that it does (why did I actually need to ask?) but that it also needs two other recalls to be applied:
E.D.I. BRAKE SYSTEM (E-ACT)
TELEMATICS CONTROL UNIT (TCU)
Given that the first of those two is a serious safety issue I am alarmed that Nissan did not contact my wife through her details given when she registered as the current owner.

Does anyone else have experience of these mods?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I had a similar experience where I checked whether our LEAFs needed the earth bonding strip recalls and both did, but we hadn't been informed. Nissan UK Customer service said that both needed the E.D.I. BRAKE SYSTEM (E-ACT) recall, but two separate Nissan dealerships could find nothing on their view of the systems for it. After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing Nissan UK said it didn't need doing as well, but there is a lot on the NZ sites about similar age Sunderland built cars needing the recall so I remain unconvinced. My only hope is that I have heard of no faiures in this country.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My local main dealer spoke to Nissan UK and they said it was an error and the earth strap was the only mod needed. The other things are not for the UK market.

·
Registered
175 Posts
they don't replace the rear earth plates in the recall which can be just as corroded which is bloody poor. if you get chance inspect them yourself and take some photos and insist if they all look corroded to change them all. (they are just the little mending plates that go from the battery to the chassis).

·
Registered
53 Posts
had that done to my 2017 leaf. THey washed it - so that's a bonus - and I'm certain the car was reset/upgraded as most of my settings were gone. (like the bong, trip computer etc)

·
Registered
76 Posts
They fiddled with my satnav. It tried to tell me the way home as I drove off the forecourt. Why they would do that I cannot imagine.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE 2018 Black
46 Posts
Do you notice any difference in the brakes? Are they more consistent? Mine feel different every day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts