Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a compatible hitch yet? Here is some info I found.

https://www.etrailer.com/p-24976.html

Expert Reply:

I spoke to my contact at Draw-Tite and they informed me that the Draw-Tite Sportframe Trailer Hitch Receiver part # 24976 will fit your 2018 Hyundai Kona EV. This hitch is a custom fit that installs using pre-drilled holes in the frame. Once you have the trailer hitch installed you will then measure from the center of the hitch pin hole to the outer edge of the bumper. This measurement will be needed to help select the best bike rack for you. The bike rack also needs to be rated for use with a class I hitch.

For example, the Thule Doubletrack Platform-Style 2 Bike Rack part # TH990XT will require at least 6" from the center of the hitch pin hole to the outer edge of the bumper while folded and 6-5/8" while laid flat. It is also compatible with a class I trailer hitch receiver. I have attached a review video for you as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone found a compatible hitch yet? Here is some info I found.

https://www.etrailer.com/p-24976.html

Expert Reply:

I spoke to my contact at Draw-Tite and they informed me that the Draw-Tite Sportframe Trailer Hitch Receiver part # 24976 will fit your 2018 Hyundai Kona EV. This hitch is a custom fit that installs using pre-drilled holes in the frame. Once you have the trailer hitch installed you will then measure from the center of the hitch pin hole to the outer edge of the bumper. This measurement will be needed to help select the best bike rack for you. The bike rack also needs to be rated for use with a class I hitch.

For example, the Thule Doubletrack Platform-Style 2 Bike Rack part # TH990XT will require at least 6" from the center of the hitch pin hole to the outer edge of the bumper while folded and 6-5/8" while laid flat. It is also compatible with a class I trailer hitch receiver. I have attached a review video for you as well.
I am also looking for a two bar solution as I bike a lot but haven't seen anything so went for a roof rack solution via Thule which is working ok. The part #24976 referenced above illustrates a non ball towbar component and does say down the spec that it excludes EV model so that may be worth double checking . If any standard towbar formats get rated for bike racks I would be grateful if this is shared as my old towbar bike carrier works a lot more conveniently that the roof solution. Thx
This Product Fits The Following Vehicles
2018 - 2018 Hyundai Kona
2019 - 2019 Hyundai Kona excluding Electric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.