Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Seems to do little harm to rapid a lot.
I am not sure that report indicates means you can say that but there is some good evidence that rapid charging a Nissan Leaf is less harmful to the battery than was first thought but Nissan still recommend only rapid charging only once a day (on average). The "on average" means that you can charge more than once a day but no more than 365 times a year without causing major harm.

I have rapid charged 407 times in 3 years and after 33,000 miles I still have all of my battery bars and I know of once Leaf owner that only rapid charges and has little deterioration after over 50,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes...good points well made!

But still good to have some research to add to the picture our shared user experience gives.

And the heat being the factor rather than the rapidity of the charge makes sense to me.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I'm sure members will find that reassuring ;)
For the Tesla owners yes, I agree. But for owners of other makes I don't think we can make any assumptions based on that.

Teslas have a full bettery thermal management and use a different battery chemistry. Not all EVs are the same and the experiences on one make/model don't automatically apply to others :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts